Have a case of the 'Mondays'?? What is YOUR motivation?

Options
Good Morning Everyone!!! :)

I hope you all had a great weekend....and are ready to power through this new week!! :)

I know a lot of people (including myself) experience the 'Mondays' syndrome....feeling tired, worn out, and just plain old NOT READY to start another week....

Well, lets all take a deeeep breath, put a smile on our faces (come on, even if you have to force it, put a smile on your little face!), and chose to make today a FABULOUS Monday!!!!

Lately, I've been thinking about how short our lives truely are...and I am refusing to waste an ENTIRE DAY feeling icky and sluggish...even if it IS a Monday.

So, lets all remember what our motvations are for being here.....to get healthy? to lose weight? to fit into a swim suit(summer is just around the corner people!!).....and lets NOT waste today....lets NOT let "Monday" force us into feeling like grumps...:)

Have a great day everyone....you are worth it....so lets power through this day!! :)
Toodles!

Replies

• Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
  • ari_27
    ari_27 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Wonderful post :)!
    Heading to the gym to wake up and start the week off right!
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If only I'd read this BEFORE I polished off a bunch of miniature cookies! :)
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    AMEN!!

I'm stressed and my nerves are shot, but my motivation is that it's going to be about 80 degrees here today, I can't wait to clock out and go take a run outside!! - For health and happiness :flowerforyou:

And life is WAY too short not to live it up!

Happy Monday to you!!
  • LuRox
    LuRox Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    My motivation is getting "ME" back! Somewhere along the way I lost me, and found a fat girl! But I'm finding ME again! YAY! :wink:
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Great post and live your life to the fullest always with no regrets
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    You are all AWESOME!! Sometimes finding motivation and keeping a POSITIVE attitude (even on a Monday) is half the battle!! You are all on your way to a FABULOUS day!!! Wooohooo!! :)
  • mommymovingmountains
    mommymovingmountains Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    So true!
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    so great, thanks for posting this I'm def feeling a case of the mondays!
  • maredarlin
    Options
    That's a great attitude and something very important to remember.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    My motivation for getting out of bed this morning and usually every other week day morning is my wife. Because if I don't, she will start pushing me out of bed! She's the morning person, I most definitely am not.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    So great! Thanks for sharing! Mondays don't get to me, Tuesdays are my nemesis. I will definately have to reread this tomorrow to get me in the right frame of mind.:flowerforyou:
  • aew1031
    aew1031 Posts: 1
    Options
    So glad it's spring - spending time, moving my body, outside it what I look forward to every day; Monday or not!:smile:

Great sentiments expressed in this forum!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I love this post!!! Anyone can have a bad day, but I hate the stigma around Monday for no reason other than starting the week again. I think it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you believe it's going to be a bad day, it probably will be AND if you believe it's going to be a good day, it will be! :)

Thanks for the positivity!!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    So true, thanks for the reminder!
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    @ CricketKate .....I will make you a 'case of the TUESDAYS' post to read tomorrow!! :)

@ bbygrl5 ...SO TRUE!!! I really believe that we ALL have the ability to make our days turn out how we want them to....having a positive attitude is half the battle....have a FABULOUS day! :)
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    I had to share this quote I just read.....:happy:

“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”
    Kahlil Gibran quotes
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Love this post.

"Looks like someone has a case of the Mondays!!" Hahah I love that line. Anyway, my motivation on Mondays (especially the first one after spring break like today!) is the thought of a brand new, fresh week! It's a blank canvas! I'll do anything to keep it clean and steady! I don't want to mess up my new week!
  • cjwolfjen
    cjwolfjen Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    BUT IM SOOOOOO TIRED.

lol
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    YES....I love thinking of it as a 'clean slate'.....and try to do anything in my power to keep it that way! :)