Protein Shakes

Options
I am thinking of trying to incorporate some protein shakes into my diet. Just want to up my protein more than I am getting through foods. Any suggestions on shakes that are less expensive and where I can buy them? Do they have to come from nutrition stores such as GNC?

Replies

• shannontrevino
    shannontrevino Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like BSN Lean Dessert. I order mine from Bodybuilders.com but I've seen them in Nutrition Depot, GNC and even Smoothie King stores. They taste great!
  • RZO42488
    RZO42488 Posts: 64
    Options
    Something with good protein and low carbs is what I suggest. doesnt matter where you get it from.
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I use the EAS Whey Protein - you can get at Target. $22 for 2#'s. I mix with water.
  • MommaToFour
    MommaToFour Posts: 106
    Options
    I get mine at GNC..I use the Pro Performance 100% Whey Protein ...Vanilla. I just add two scoops to a healthy smoothie. Not sure where the price compares to others...my husband always bought this kind back in the days when he use to work out so I've just always stuck with it.
  • CarrieLincoln
    Options
    Hi there,

Are you looking for more of a Recovey Shake or a Meal Replacment Shake? It would depend on how you are looking to use the Protein. Whey protein is great for a Recovery Shake and will replenish what you need and digest quickly for sore muscles from intense workouts. Protein Shakes are more of a Meal Replacemennt and will help you feel more full.
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy the Muscle Milk shakes- they even have 100 calorie versions as well. But the carbs are really low on them because they dont contain actual milk. Taste really good as well :flowerforyou:
  • mrandolph112
    Options
    I use Jillian Michaels whey protein. Only 100 calories per scoop and you can get it at Walmart for around $11. I like it because its smoother and less gritty than others I have tried.
  • JayClitherow
    Options
    I use Elite Whey Protine isotate from Dynamattize (or somthing like that) I get it from http://www.explosivenutrition.co.uk/ resonable price (Much cheaper than some other mroe well known brands) tastes really nice, and seems to work well for me.

I have one a day mostly for brekkie, if its a gym day I will often add one after the gym, stops me craving foods :o)
  • cjnorman
    cjnorman Posts: 93
    Options
    I use Rainbow Light because it is soy, dairy and gluten free (all things I can't eat). I mix 1 scoop with 2 cups unsweetened hemp milk for an additional dose of protein. The ratio on the package is too thick for me. I get it at Fred Meyers health food section.
  • brittfam
    brittfam Posts: 34
    Options
    BSN dessert protein with a pure almond milk is by far my favorite :)