One day, two conferences, difficult eating opportunities

Options
BerryH
BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
So tomorrow I have a breakfast meeting starting at 9 with breakfast provided. It's a half day but with no finish time specified. Then I have to go straight to an afternoon at a conference, which provides lunch but obviously only if I get there on time.

How can I make healthy choices, and how to I avoid missing lunch altogether? I get very hungry mid-day and I might pass out or fall asleep at 2pm if I don't get fed. Help!

Replies

• MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Take the big purse and load up on some "you approved" snacks. Lunch too, even.

Think protein shakes, a bar, some nuts, dried fruit. Take a bottle of water. Something you can feel comfortable eating while everyone else is having pastry or something else that is conference-y. Just because they are, doesn't mean you have to.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    Skip the pastries and muffins and head for the proteins and fruits for breakfast. If you're provided with a sandwich for lunch (as I've had for my last three conferences!) skip the bread or at least skip the bottom slice. Pretend the side of chips don't exist and have a Diet Coke or a water to wash it all down. This might leave you feeling hungry, though, so packing some healthy (non noisy) snacks should get you through the day : )
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    pack your own in a cooler or steal some extra breakfast approved foods and then have them at the lunch meeting or if you get there late, just duck out for something healthy
  • hsharar
    hsharar Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree. I have to travel with my job (alot) and always hunt out the fruit and carry a South Beach Diet high fiber or high protein bar. Same for lunch, I will go for the salad and proteins or if you are given a choice of a boxed lunch, skip the bread and add one of the bars. It's not perfect but in a pinch, you gotta do what is best for you.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I also find this to be difficult at meetings because food is provided but not always what you should be eating.

I usually just take some smaller good for you items along.