***WAKE UP TIPS??***

Options
Ok so I'm not sure why but I just can't seem to get myself out of bed in the mornings anymore :yawn: ...any simple tips you guys have to keep me from pressing that snooze button 1,000,000,000,000,000 times!! :laugh: Could it be because it have my bedroom pitch black:glasses: ?? (I can't fall asleep with ANY light even the one from my phone charging drives me nuts:noway: ) PLEASE HELP!! :cry:

Replies

• Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    I have this problem also, but im finding it easier now im getting to bed earlier and making sure i can allow enough time for at least 6 hours sleep - if not 9 or 10
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Uh... Like my dad used to say... GET THE F*** UP!!

You look to be the legal adult age, so what he said...:flowerforyou:
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    put your alarm clock AND phone on the other side of your room! So when your alarm goes off, you HAVE to get up and out of bed to stop the noise!! it works for my husband!
  • marindak
    marindak Posts: 168
    Options
    i'm the exact same way, I can't wake up in the mornings either, i'm always late to work. :sad: :sad: :sad:
    I need tips as well. Looking forward to hearing some of them
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I can't sleep with any light either. You could try one of those daylight alarm clocks that gradually gets brighter and wakes you up naturally. They're recommended for people with SAD.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Uh... Like my dad used to say... GET THE F*** UP!!

You look to be the legal adult age, so what he said...:flowerforyou:

HAHA wow! Its like we grew up in the same house....

I would recommend making sure you go to bed early enough so you are allowing your body enough sleep. That will usually lead to less "snooze button rocking"...
  • mom23nuts
    mom23nuts Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    anyone else to help you by opening all the shade/blinds and letting some light it or putting your lights on a timer that force you to get up since the light does get you going.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    put your alarm clock AND phone on the other side of your room! So when your alarm goes off, you HAVE to get up and out of bed to stop the noise!! it works for my husband!

this is exactly how I taught myself to get up as well.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I have kids-so it is easy for me. Plus I work at a boot camp and have to be there at 5:00am. So that gets me out of bed then i come home. I usually try to make an appointment for my kids to be watched at the gym and if I don't go they charge me. So I make sure to go. Once you start it will become a habit. Just get up and do it and you will be very happy you did.
  • bobs_god
    bobs_god Posts: 85 Member
    Options

This exactly what I do! plus add the most annoying tone you can find!
  • SamanthaSteg
    SamanthaSteg Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have my alarm across the room so I have to actually get out of bed to turn it off. I have a hard time getting up sometimes too (my alarm goes off at 4:55) I just have to remind myself how good I feel once I do, and how much better my days seem to go when I've woken up on time and got started on my day. It definitely sucks at first, but once you do it for a week or two you get used to it.
  • Jessaamine
    Jessaamine Posts: 111
    Options
    That's what I used to do too : )
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I can sympathize, I am a notorious snooze button addict.

I have three alarms set. By the third (an annoying rooster) I know I have only the bare minimum to get up and get going. The three different alarms actually help though, give it a try.

(Actually, it's 4. The 4th is a "get your *kitten* out of the house NOW" alarm.)

lol
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    My dad had one of those horns for people learning the bagpipes... he used that to wake us up along with yelling " ARRIBA ARRIBA UNGLAIS UNGLAIS" at the top of his lungs... I find that putting the alarm clock where I can't roll over and touch it works, and also having tea brewing in my coffee maker helps.
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I'm a chronic snoozer also. Putting the alarm clock across the room does help. Once you get there you just have to have the discipline to NOT get back in bed rather than trying to pry yourself up.
  • BrookeReneshelle
    Options
    Thats right, your not getting enough sleep if you feel like you can't get up. Period. Even if you are sleepin 7-8 hrs a night and still feeling that way, you need to try and get an extra hour if you can, or take a nap throughout the day. That helped me a lot. And when I have to get up to pee, before I leave the bathroom I splash my face with reallly cold water and that usually knocks the sleepys out of me :)