lowerbelly fat

Options
Help...how do you get rid of it and what exercises, will help? the top is ok...the pelvic area,,,bad very bad.. can you get rid of it and can you really have a tight tummy again,,even after 40? If anyone knows I really need some help...thanks sherri

Replies

• AdamATGATT
    AdamATGATT Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    No way to spot lose.

You're just going to have to do it like everyone else. Cardio and strength training.

You can help by building muscles in those areas.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    just work on core exercises you cant target a certain area.. working your core and strengthen it , your posture will improve and make it look as thought your belly is going,
  • Siobhancarmichael
    Siobhancarmichael Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've got the same problem!!!
  • susancelli928
    Options
    There are different ways: torso twists, lower abs crunches. As with everything else it takes time. Mine however is just the opposite I am losing the lower belly but the upper is still resisting. LOL
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    Cardio to get rid of the fat. You will eventually lose it there, but your body will decide when and all that good stuff. Work on your core muscles. That's about all you can do.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Just like everyone else posted....You need to workout your whole core area! You also need to eat clean as well. Cardio and Strength Trainin...Even after 40's you can achieve a flat tummy area :wink:

Power90 & P90X seems to be help me with my flat tummy.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    what made the biggest difference there for me, was Zumba. :)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    It depends on what it's from. If it's just from weight gain cardio and strengthening your lower abdominal muscles should help take care of it. But, if it's from having children there may not be much you can do about it. Pregnancy stretches the skin so rapidly that it isn't always possible to get it to shrink back, and it only gets harder with time.
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I am about 25 pounds away from my goal and have this same issue, have great waist defenition now but that lower belly fat is ALWAYS the last thing to go! It has gotten much smaller as I've lost weight, but I know it will be a challenge to get rid of it once and for all.
    I try to do cardo a number of times per week in addition to weight bearing exercise swinging around my 10 pound medicine ball to help strengthen my core.
    Keep at it and those results will come. Oh, and Im over 40 myself AND another Sherrie!

Cheers Sherri!
  • sherri_angel
    Options
    what is zumba?
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO! I had a belly pouch after giving birth and Cardio blitzed the fat away as well as a balanced diet.

You still need to do strength training as well. Reverse crunches and planks helped my lower abs hugely.

Edited to add: Youtube how to do strength training exercises properly. I thought I was doing them right until I saw someone demonstrate them and I started doing them properly and lo and behold they worked!
  • sherri_angel
    Options
    :happy: thanks!!
  • miami_mimi
    miami_mimi Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    This all sound like great ideas, I have the same problem, I am losing weight but that area appears to remain the same... I really hope that it can go away!
  • MrX8503
    MrX8503 Posts: 67
    Options
    I'm not sure about the after 40 part, but this is the advice I tell people and will continue to do so.

Spot treating doesn't work. If you want to lose fat in your pelvic area then you have to have a "total" body fat loss. You cannot tell your body where to lose fat. Also notice that I use the term fat loss instead of weight loss. Weight loss is everything, including muscle. If you don't have muscle you're not going to have the body structure to support your skin to make it firm.

So what you have to do is cut back on cals to promote weight loss AND incorporate strength training with abdominal workouts to retain the muscle. This changes your weight loss to fat loss. Fat loss is your best solution to helping your pelvic area.
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Zumba is dance inspired workout......can check it out at Zumbafitness.com, or Youtube has videos on there to check it out. I love it....but I like to dance...lol