Embaressing but.....

Options
Since I've started working on eatting healthier, drinking a lot more water and exercising I've also been getting a lot of GAS! Is this normal? If so when will it stop? Is my choice of fruit/vegetables making my tummy produce the excess air?

I love carrots, apples, oranges, broccli, cauliflower, green beans, peas, banannas and celery....are those all produce that cause excessive gas?

Replies

• HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have the same problem.. :/
  • CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Your body should adjust soon. Soon you will crave fiber and you won't feel right without eating it. So power though and keep eating your veggies and fruit.
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. So don't stop eating those healthy fruits and veggies.
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It's only temporary... until your system get's used to the "new" healthier foods. Very normal when you start eating lots of fruits and veggies.
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    The broccoli and cauliflower are the culprits. Don't stop eating them, just reduce the amounts until you adjust then gradually increase. :0)
  • sandynx820
    sandynx820 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Ohhhhhhhhh you may have found out the secret to my problem!!! I don't usually eat salads, but I have been having one most every day lately and then adding extra veggies or fruit into my diet as well. Well, every single time I stand up, unbeknowst to me before hand, I toot!!!!!! How embarrassing! I work in other peoples offices at least 2 days a week and try as I might, I seem unable to predict this before it happens! My husband thinks it is hilarious, and has even dubbed it as my walking farts!
  • jmmtaylor
    jmmtaylor Posts: 225
    Options
    It's the broccoli and cauliflower...Don't stop eating them though...maybe take some Beano or something?
  • susu5
    susu5 Posts: 122
    Options
    I have the same problem. I love the california frozen veg or oriental frozen veg with seasoning and Laughing cow cheese on it and then I steam the veg and cheese 9 minutes in the microwave with a microwave steamer! Love IT!!! BUT GAS!!!! OH MY!!!
  • RyonsLions2
    RyonsLions2 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Try to eat at a slow to normal pace, not fast and also, when you drink, do you take a breath in and hold it when you start to drink or do you just start drinking?? Don't take a big breath in before you drink anything. I know that sounds crazy, but it has happened to me.
  • telyhan
    telyhan Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went through the same process. I have switched to a mostly vegetarian, bordering on vegan (very small amounts of animal products in my diet), diet and it took a couple weeks for my body to adjust. Drink lots of water to help.
  • lilsweetslol
    lilsweetslol Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    yup! Broccoli, cauliflower and my favorites Brussle Sprouts all cause major stomch bubbles..lol take some beano prior to eating or even those gas x strips work good too..
  • NinaBH
    NinaBH Posts: 2
    Options
    Yep, you have greatly increased your fiber which is a good thing. Also, exercising increases your peristalsis (muscle activity of the intestines! Try some Beano. You can find this at any pharmacy and most grocery stores, probably near the laxative section. Keep up the healthy lifestyle!!
  • monicaP413
    monicaP413 Posts: 165
    Options
    There are a lot of foods that make people gassy. I have heard fruits like strawberries give some people gas. Definitely broccoli and cabbage do. Beans (obviously), but humus is really gassy. Whey will. I had one sip of my husband's whey shake and my tummy hurt from it. I'm sure your body will get used to it. I would google it. Hope that helps.
  • vauleese
    vauleese Posts: 75
    Options
    I think I will be buying some gas x on my next trip to the grocery store. I have noticed though that if I drink tea or coffee my body kinda does a double take and I begin to crave a large glass of water. So dont drop the veggies and fruit, increase water intake and get something to assist with the flatulance until my body is back to normal again.
  • marydlugo
    marydlugo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Every single one of them!