dinner for under 400 caleries?

Options
to give plenty of energy as I will be excerisising tonight? something quick and easy.. nothing containing chicken.. maybe tuna?

:-)

Replies

• Jillk1023
    Jillk1023 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    bump
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Cereal or granola for dinner fulfills my appetite.
  • shahneeking
    Options
    Nooo I need a proper dinner! Gosh, don't you think dinner is always the hardest one to try and pick!
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    tilapia..tons of protein..not many cals
  • cookiejones
    cookiejones Posts: 104
    Options
    I usually like doing some oven grilled veggies and a protein when I want a lean dinner. Toss a bunch of cubed veggies such as eggplant, red pepper, red onion and zucchini in a bit of olive oil, garlic and spices, then baking in the oven at 375 for 20 minutes. Serve with some grilled chicken or fish with a light lemon vinaigrette. That should be around 300 calories or so...
  • sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    i got this recipe from another member on here and it was pretty tasty.

3 cans tuna, drained
    crushed special K crackers, I used the herb ones, and i just took two servings and crushed them
    2 eggs

mix it all together. Form patties with your hands, place in griddle (spray with Pam) and cook for four minutes, or until browned. Flip and cook until browned. Serve with some veggies and maybe a boiled potato.

230 calories per patty, thats what my recipe maker came up with.
  • delilahthegoddess
    Options
    I love a HUGE bowl of spinach with a can of tuna and 2 tbls of ranch dressing(compliments brand) It will keep you under 400 and tastes great!
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I second Tilapia.

On Friday's (Yay for Lent)

I sometimes cook a Tilapia fillet on brown rice with broccoli and cauliflower.I spice it up with some garlic and low sodium mozzarella cheese on it.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    i got this recipe from another member on here and it was pretty tasty.

3 cans tuna, drained
    crushed special K crackers, I used the herb ones, and i just took two servings and crushed them
    2 eggs

mix it all together. Form patties with your hands, place in griddle (spray with Pam) and cook for four minutes, or until browned. Flip and cook until browned. Serve with some veggies and maybe a boiled potato.

230 calories per patty, thats what my recipe maker came up with.

this sounds awesome!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Yesterday I made a salad with the following: Romaine lettuce, tomatoes, strawberries, feta cheese, a few walnuts, grilled salmon (you could substitute tuna), and a balsalmaic vinegrette dressing. It was SO GOOD, and was only 254 calories. I added a half piece of wheat toast spread with a little laughing cow cheese for another 90 calories, and was still under 400. It was satisfying and scrumptious! FYI - when I make salmon I always make extra to put on a salad the next day.
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Fish is definitely a good choice. You can get a fillet of your favorite fish and wrap it in a piece of foil with a slice of lemon and a slice of onion and maybe a sprinkle of herbs. It takes about 20 minutes in the oven and is very tasty.

Another good option is a shrimp and veggie stir-fry. It's very filling and high on protein.

If you have a little more time, though it still takes less than an hour, you could roast a pork loin. It's very lean and the leftovers are great for sandwiches and salads.
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just had Gortons grilled shrimp...it's from the freezer section. Baked it 15 minutes for the whole bag and OOOOOO MY GOSH!!! It was delicious! 8 shrimp for 110 calories and I didn't add any extra seasoning or anything and they were perfect! That with some veggies was great and very low-cal.
  • rdoyle35
    rdoyle35 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi ,
    your recipe for tuna burgers, how may servings does it make?
  • mikrch01
    mikrch01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    The tuna recipe sounds great. I will have to try that.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    hormel's marinated tenderloin. Cheap. Easy on the grill. 3oz = 140 calories ( I usally have 6 oz) I like the terriaki.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    hormel's marinated tenderloin. Cheap. Easy on the grill. 3oz = 140 calories ( I usally have 6 oz) I like the terriaki.

OOPS It is a Pork tenderloin!
  • MrsSorenson
    MrsSorenson Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Dinner is the hardest for me too!
  • tammie_knowles
    tammie_knowles Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    That sounds good:smooched:
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    I like to make a salad out of a can of tuna, a can of drained and rinsed garbanzo beans, whatever veggies I have on hand (usually red onion, tomatoes, cucumbers, and celery), and a tiny bit of lowfat ranch and light mayo or a lemon vinnegrette(olive oil, lemon juice and zest, dijon mustard, s&p). Serve it on a big bed of baby spinach...YUM. The tuna/bean mixture will make 2-3 servings, depending on how many veggies you have in it.
  • Gidget86
    Gidget86 Posts: 45
    Options
    How about an egg white omlette with lots of vegies and Laughing Cow cheese...
    quick and easy. Or omlette with a chopped up spicey black bean burger, like a taco omlette.