Drinking

Options
Hi all,

Its 2:45pm & I have already drank almost 4 litres of squash (sugar free Orange),It is warm here today & I have completed 4 miles of walking with another 2 miles at very brisk pace to go when I walk home.

This is the amount that I drinnk on cool days too & often when I go to bed around 10pm I will have drank approx 6-7 litres. Am wondering if this is really too much.....

What do you all think?

Replies

• crystal10584
    Options
    with the amount of exercise you do, I think you're fine.
  • beckystephens
    beckystephens Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    cant drink too much water...
  • hill2302
    hill2302 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    4 litres of squash (sugar free Orange)

Is squash the name of the drink? a sugar free soda?
  • Suebepinkydoo
    Suebepinkydoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    4 litres of squash (sugar free Orange)

Is squash the name of the drink? a sugar free soda?

tis a soft drink - no fizz! tis called Robinsons sugar free orange squash :)
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Keep on drinking!
  • cathykonkle
    Options
    I run a weight loss challenge support group, and one of the things that I tell the group is to stay away from artifical sweetners. (Aspartame, ect) I tried to look up the ingredients in the drink you mentioned, and could not find them. I try to get the group to stay away from artificial colorings also. But as far as drinking and water, you need to drink 1/2 your body weight in oz every day. So if you weigh 200 pounds, you should have 100 ounces in water. I would wonder about any drink that is labeled "sugar free". Usually that means it has artificial sweetners. I warn against diet soda too. Just wondering a little bit about what is in your drink??
  • roebuck1908
    roebuck1908 Posts: 185
    Options
    are you sure

Water intoxication, also known as hyper-hydration, water poisoning, or overhydration, is a potentially fatal disturbance in brain functions that results when the normal balance of electrolytes in the body is pushed outside of safe limits by over-consumption of water.

Normal, healthy (physically, nutritionally and mentally) individuals have little reason to worry about accidentally consuming too much water. Nearly all deaths related to water intoxication in normal individuals have resulted either from water drinking contests, in which individuals attempt to consume large amounts of water, or long bouts of intensive exercise during which electrolytes are not properly replenished, yet excessive amounts of fluid are still consumed.[1]

Water can be considered a poison when over-consumed just like any other substance[2]. The recommendation from the medical field is to drink at least 1 to 2 liters per day[3] depending upon body mass. Water intoxication would only occur at levels far higher than that.
  • roebuck1908
    roebuck1908 Posts: 185
    Options
    cant drink too much water...
  • Suebepinkydoo
    Suebepinkydoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I run a weight loss challenge support group, and one of the things that I tell the group is to stay away from artifical sweetners. (Aspartame, ect) I tried to look up the ingredients in the drink you mentioned, and could not find them. I try to get the group to stay away from artificial colorings also. But as far as drinking and water, you need to drink 1/2 your body weight in oz every day. So if you weigh 200 pounds, you should have 100 ounces in water. I would wonder about any drink that is labeled "sugar free". Usually that means it has artificial sweetners. I warn against diet soda too. Just wondering a little bit about what is in your drink??

I will have a look & post it up!