coffee

Options
I drink alot of coffee because I Have a newborn baby and need to stay awake but i am trying to lose my baby weight well I guess he is not a newborn anymore he is eight months but he is up 5 times a night anyway I drink alot of sugar in coffee I want to know what can I do so I can still drink my coffee and still lose weight

Replies

• EHuntRN
    EHuntRN Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I personally drink 2-3 cups a day...I use sugar free creamer and Splenda...some say use Truvia, some say use honey some use Almond milk...the point is there are lower cal options than sugar...go to a whole foods/trader joes/sprouts and explore your options!!!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Well you will need to take out the sugar then. try drinking it plain, or add some fat free milk or sugar free creamer
  • misschilard
    Options
    I use to have 2sugars but slowly weaned myself off them... went down to 1 1/2 sugar than 1 etc etc... slowly reduced it and in a few months i was down to no sugar :-)
  • vxmittyxv
    vxmittyxv Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Not everyone like to use artifical sweetner but, I use splenda instead of sugar. It is barely any calories so I can still have my coffee and not feel like I an ruining my day. It definitely something you have to get use to but it only took me a day or two before I didn't notice the difference.
  • Brazilianpearl
    Brazilianpearl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot coffee too, but is because I simply love coffee, and I use with Splenda.
  • mnkarp
    mnkarp Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but if you are drinking that much coffee and breastfeeding it could be causing the baby to be up more at night.
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    You should be able to still lose weight while drinking coffee. Just keep it within moderation. I totally know about the newborn baby think and the sleeplessness... so it would never be me to suggest giving up this vice! :-) If I were you, I would try not to drink caffeine after about 2 or 3pm.... and maybe no more than 3 cups a day. You could also switch a cup or two out for green tea (which helps with metabolism along with having a pretty big jolt of caffeine). Good luck!
  • zenchik115
    zenchik115 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    coffee by itself has 0 calories....so if you can wean down to no sugar than you are golden! im not a big fan of "fake" sugar because putting that processed stuff into your body cant be healthy...i use honey in my tea...it is a raw sugar...
  • misschilard
    Options
    Slightly off topic, but if you are drinking that much coffee and breastfeeding it could be causing the baby to be up more at night.

HEHE this is the main reason I reduced sugar and switched to DeCaff :-)
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I have heard that as well. I'm not a mother, so I don't know from experience, but my friend who is on her second kid has said this as well.
    But, if you keep drinking your coffee and need to lower sugar and calories, try coffeemate powdered creamer (10 calories per tsp) and Stevia (no calories). And Stevia is a plant and not an artificial sweetner so it's not bad for your body.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Personally I usually prefer coffee black, like my soul. Like zenchick115 said, if you can cut out the sugar you're golden.