Looking for a light at the end of the tunnel...

Options
I have been a member of myfitness pal for some time now but have only used it off and on...well I'm switching into the ON mode and trying to keep it that way.
An intro...Hi, I'm Sarah. I've got a lot to loose, I'm 233 and 5'4 and desperate to get the weight off, I've tried everything it seems like but always have the same things holding me back...time, motivation and WILL POWER! Well, I'm determined this time to get the weight off by the time I hit 30. I would like to get down to 140 but know I should set milestone goals so for now,,,,my goal is 199, oh to be under 200! That will be a huge motivator.
Anyway, my plan is to eat under 1820 calories daily, drink water, walk at least 30 minutes 5 days a week and I'm open to other suggestions too.
I need support so friend me and I can support you too...I need that accountability and don't want it from my husband who's a stick and eats whatever he wants. lol

Replies

• bethany7687
    Options
    You'll do fine. Friend me.
  • isobel2010
    Options
    Just take it day at a time. Saw good Dr. Oz tips today - VERY TRUE.

1. Find healthy foods you like.

2. Planning decreases stress - plan what you'll eat that day so you don't have to think about it.

3. WATER WATER WATER with lemon.
  • rachellynn140
    rachellynn140 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah. I am pretty new to MFP and would love to friend you but don't know how. Friend me, or tell me how to do it and I would be more than happy to be an encourgement to you and your goals. I could use somebody to give me an "atta girl" every now and then too.:smile:
  • crystal10584
    Options
    make sure you get enough water :)
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    YOU SOUND VERY READY TO DO THIS, AND THAT'S IMPORTANT, PLUS, TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE ALOT OLDER THAN YOU, IT GETS HARDER TO LOSE THE OLDER YOU GET, SO DO IT NOW. JUST TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME, BUT, NO MORE EXCUSES, GET IT DONE, GIRL,LOL RED
  • PaulaJKelly
    Options
    Put in your beginning information (weight, height, goal, etc. ) and then have the automatic selection choose the amount of calories you should have each day. Your initial number of calories for each day seems quite high and that is why I am making that suggestion. Be true to yourself and the process. Make sure that you log in everything every day. Whatever you eat or drink or whenever you exercise, do the very best you can to log it in so you get a realistic idea of the number of calories you are eating and burning. Drink lots of water - 10 glasses at 8 ounces each is where you really need to be. Eat more protein. Great idea for the daily exercise. Don't get discouraged if some days are harder than others because that is just how it will be. Better to build up the exercise slowly than to get hurt by overdoing and then getting a major setback. You can do it. Watch the Biggest Loser for inspiration - knowing that your experience will be different as you won't have trainers and working out 6-8 hours a day - but they are inspiring and you can see they have tough days and weeks too. Good for you to want to get started. Slow and steady will get and keep you there.
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    Thank you! I need to be a better planner.

During the week I do better if I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks and take it with me to work. Eating out is where I get into trouble!
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I feel pumped right now...just have to keep up the momentum. :)