Lose weight while getting firm

Options
rhirvo
rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
I am new to this site but excited by all that it offers. I am currently 160 but was 150 and a size 7 this time last year. I changed work locations and am finding I am sitting more now but also eating more regularly. Being a shift-worker I have found it hard to maintain my optimal weight. I have finally found the motivation to push to be 145 but I don't just want to lose the weight I want to be super toned and have definition. Has anyone found that certain diets promote this better then just a low calorie one? Should I be taking more protein?

Replies

• fergy66
    fergy66 Posts: 13
    Options
    My trainer recommends at least 90 grams of lean protein a day. I try to stick to that while watchin my sodium and fat. Just make sure that your workouts are cardio and challenge yourself by the weights. Kickboxing works really good.
  • ALSimpson
    Options
    Do you exercise, or are you planning to exercise? I suggest P90 or P90X, even if you don't do it hard core like they do on the videos and just do what you can, or do other exercises while their doing harder things (like pull ups...) you will definitely see a difference all over your body. Its awesome!
  • rhirvo
    rhirvo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I used to play competative soccer for 17 years so I was always generally in shape. Currently my fitness plans included : A 5km clinic at the running room on sundays, mondays, and wednesdays. On tuesdays I do a kickboxing class, thursdays are spin class and Saturdays I do yoga. I have kept Friday as a rest day and am planning on supplementing my tuesdays and thursday classes with weights beginning next week. I am hoping 6 days a week will be enough!!
  • thollis6734
    Options
    I agree doing p90x and mfp for four weeks and have lost 16 lbs so far.I can't do all the routines but the cardio,plyo and kempo help shed weight.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to do but if you can figure out a way to cut your fats to bout 20 grams a day, carbs less than 100 grams a day and up your protein to your weight in grams and follow that for awhile then you should see the results. But like I said it's really hard to do. Good luck. Make sure you do alot of weight training.