Early success- for thsoe who've only lost a bit

Options
fbmandy55
fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
I know it's a success either way, I just wanted to see if anyone else had lost in size like I had. I have only lost 11 lbs but feel like I've lost 20! I was about a size 16-18 in high school, no curves at all so it was not flattering. I realize now, after having a child, I have great woman figure and cannot wait to lose the FLUB! I started out here the first week of Feb 2011, wearing a size 24 (ALL TIME HIGH). Now my 22's are falling off so I would assume I could probably wear a 20. I've also lost a shirt sixe, yippee!

It feels great to be able to grab anything out of my closet and not feel to "bloated" to wear it. If I would have done that 2 months ago, I probably would have felt like alot of my clothes were a little to snug. This is grerat motivation to keep going. The last few weeks have been rough for me as far as getting in exercise, but I've kept my calories in check! The weather is getting nice and I am able to walk more now!

Look forward to other small success stories!

Replies

• iitsolivia
    Options
    Congrats!!! Clothing victories feel better than scale victories sometimes!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Only lost 3lbs so far, but I've seen myself at the 145~ weight, and I liked what I saw!!
  • mysticqueen
    Options
    I haven't lost very much and I'm getting a bit discouraged, but some shirts I have are not fitting snug anymore. I think I'm losing inches too because my pants seem looser. It's hard not seeing results on the scale. Today, I took my calories from 1500 down to 1200. Let's hope this helps.
  • recee96
    recee96 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Great job! Yep, it's the small changes that add up! I only lost 1 pound...gained 5...lost 8...gained 2..but all in all, I wore a church dress yesterday and I was able to wear it without the jacket. A month ago, my arms looked snug and a jacket was a must. So I will take those small changes! Congrats and keep up the great work!!!
  • blondie1121
    blondie1121 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Small changes for sure! Down 18lbs in about 2 months and this weekend was able to bag up 2 garbage bags full of clothes that are officially TOO big and donate them. I don't ever want to be that big again. I don't want them in my closet as "just in case" clothes because I'm never letting myself go like that again. Seeing the clothes I haven't been able to wear in years just slide right on gives me the encouragement to keep going and lets me know I'm headed in the right direction! GOOD FOR YOU :) Every pound counts. It's one less thing to carry around.
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    Yup! I feel it too.

Congrats. Keep up the good work.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I felt really discouraged about the scale not moving but SLOWLY started to see the loss in my clothes too. Now I am really pumped because I am noticing more and more things that seem different. I feel like my back is more smooth, no rolls under my bra. Even the back of my neck and lower back don't seem as thick. And best of all my baby pouch on my front is slowly disappearing. Do not get discouraged if things are not happening fast, you will see it eventually.
  • Djbass728
    Djbass728 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Congrat ~ that is sooooooo awesome!!!!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats! i'm only beginning too but already my pants are too big and i can wear some of my too-small pants again :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!