Another newbie here :-)

Options
Hi Everyone,

My name is Kat. I just joined in hopes that this will help me finally get back on track and loose weight that I put on during my 2 pregnancies. My son is 3 and my daughter is 11 months, so the excuse, "Oh I just had a baby", isn't cutting it anymore. :smile:
I'm tired of hiding behind the camera at family functions. Its time for me to stop complaining and do something about it.

My goal is to loose 30 lbs. Hope I can lean on the other members for support. I'm surrounded by people who have been blessed with incredible genes and have never had to struggle with their weight.

Thanks for listening :-)

Replies

• nauticalxstar
    nauticalxstar Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    welcome kat!! mfp is awesome you will love it! everyone is so supportive! gl =)
  • stephierae25
    Options
    Welcome! I know what you mean about the post baby weight. My son is now 20 months old. Good luck with your weight loss!!
  • map1972
    map1972 Posts: 13
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! My wife introduced me to this site and I've been having a lot of success so far.

You'll be hungry for a while, but then your body will adjust to the lowered calories and you won't be as hungry. Also, you'll get full faster. I used to have to eat 500 calories for breakfast to feel full, now I can eat around 300 and feel full.
  • Lisabelle24
    Options
    I am new too, and like you I hope to lose about 30 pounds. But my youngest son is 5, so my "losing baby weight" excuse vanished years ago! LOL

Also like you, everyone around me seems to be able to eat whatever they want and never gain a pound. I used to be that way too, years ago, but not anymore. I looked at a piece of candy yesterday and gained a pound.
  • banchubob
    banchubob Posts: 25
    Options
    Welcome, If I ca do it anyone can! Just never give up!
  • Kindrex83
    Kindrex83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    I know what you mean. My boys are 14 and 10 .. years old that is and the excuse of me having kids is long gone. This is a great site for support. I am going to send you a friend request. We can help each other. Good luck.
  • 78_kasia
    78_kasia Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks Everyone! this is great