Need a snack idea??

Options
Thought I'd share this with you. My new favorite snack is edemame's (still in the pod). I've always loved them, but now it's easier to snack on them because they make steamable pouches and single serve containers of them. Just pop them into the microwave and viola! 4 minutes later you've got a delicious and nutritious snack that fills you up! I also love them because they're just salty enough, and it also takes a while to get through them...so your brain thinks you're eating more. :bigsmile:

110 calories per serving. :love:

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I love edamame too!!! SO GOOD!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    That's funny because it has also become my new favorite snack as well. Always loved em but recently I've found that I eat them pretty much every day! They are the yummiest!
  • mummyo2
    mummyo2 Posts: 3
    Options
    please dont laugh but i not heard of this or it could be i know them as diffrent name was is it?????
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    please dont laugh but i not heard of this or it could be i know them as diffrent name was is it?????

They're also known as soybeans. :wink:
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,434 Member
    Options
    Love them but I've just learned (thanks to this site!) that I shouldn't be eating soy because I have an underactive thyroid and soy can aggravate it.
    Oh, and you can buy them in bulk at Sam's!
  • sherry2626
    sherry2626 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Bump :drinker:
  • parkygirl
    parkygirl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am newly addicted to munching on a whole grain waffle + a smear of peanut butter. A bit under 200 cal but good to keep you full!

Love your before/after pics Sherry!