Completely Lost...

Options
OK, so I've been working my *kitten* off the past week and I am up 2 pounds. I'm so confused. I completely gave up this morning when I woke up and weighed in. It didn't go up, but it was still the same at 198. I don't understand how I could be working out harder than ever and eating healthier than ever and yet still not be losing any weight at all. When I got on the scale, I gave up. I had made artichoke subs Saturday night and made several because we were supposed to have a Euchre tournament. Well, our plans got messed up and we ended up with about 8 extra subs. So I did good and ate one a day, because they are really quite healthy....if you eat just one. But today, I just gave up and had one for breakfast, and then ate another for lunch. It was almost like my comfort food. It was there, there are still 3 left after eating the two I had, and I just went straight to them. I don't understand what is wrong with me. I feel like I need to do nothing but work out all day long. But I can't because I'm in school. I have to do homework, and sometimes it can take hours to do one project since I'm going to be graduating in May and I have 2 major projects that are due soon. I guess...i'm just asking for someone to maybe look at my diary and tell me what I'm doing wrong. Not all of my exercises are logged because there have been times I've forgotten to wear my HRM, and I don't want to log and think I've burned more calories than I really did, or less than I really did. I really need some help. I honestly don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Replies

• Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Just from looking over your past week, you're not eating enough. Unless you're just not logging. Your calories remaining should be as close to 0 as you can get.
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Something I've just learned from reading these forums, is the difference between net calories and the calories you eat. It looks like you aren't getting enough calories, which seems counter-productive, but I've noticed a benefit when I start eating more. Maybe try snacking throughout the day (nuts, apple, something small and healthy). The net calories should be about 1,200, and it shows up on your home page (I never even noticed until I started reading some of the posts about it).

And I know I give up and binge, too. Sometimes it feels really good. Just don't give up. Make some small adjustments and see what works for you.
  • Arester
    Arester Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    It looks like you need to eat more. I've found that eating 3 meals and 2 snacks helps me with cravings and not wanting to over indulge later. Don't worry about the scale. I know it's exciting to see that number move, but if you're working hard, it will pay off in the end. Just stick with it. :smile:
  • DeenaSteelerGirl
    Options
    Don't give up. I am new to the site. A few wks ago. And I know this feeling. I am sending a friend request to you because we have similar goals and I struggle to with scale weight. I feel better ... my clothes getting bigger on me.. but scale weight .. ???? Good luck to you. You are doing great regardless what the scale says.
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm going to echo what the others have said. You are not eating enough, so your body isn't getting enough fuel. Consequently, it's holding on to all the calories that it gets. Read the two links in my signature and start eating those exercise calories!!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sometimes u wont see it on the scale but u'll see it in ur body -- inches lost!
  • abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sometimes u wont see it on the scale but u'll see it in ur body -- inches lost!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    Not eating enough is just as bad as eating to much, its hard for many to understand that the widely spread concept of working out like mad and eating next to nothing does not work end of story. My blog has many articles I have written about feeding for proper fat loss and how to make it last for life. I advocate much of what tom venuto does in his book feed the muscle burn the fat and the principles are simple and easy to get your head around. Feed to succeed meaning that if you are training like mad then you need to eat like mad to feed the body and shed the fat. Educate yourself, I looked over your diary and you are definitely not eating enough to shed fat at the max rate.
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I hope you have tried this exercise and eat well thing for at least 4 weeks before you give up on it. It takes time for your body to adjust to a new regimen. Once it is adjusted it will take time to see significant weight loss. We`re talking about 4-8lbs per month. Some months it might be mroe difficult and you lose only 2. Some months you will lose 10. But please don`t make the common mistake of expecting results daily and getting discouraged everytime the scale inches up a bit. Its normal to have weight fluctuations. Think long term.
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Why do you think that you're doing something wrong?
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous posters. I also think that incorporating more fresh fruits & vegetables and less processed foods like Lean Cuisine could help you achieve your goals.
  • MarjorieSf
    Options
    I was at a weight impasse for about the last six weeks. I finally called my doctor and asked for advice. He told me to cut down on the carbs -- since I talked with him a week ago, I have lost three pounds. I am not starving, but I am watching my carbs and my fat intake -- it's coming off quick. I am eating well and not going over my alotted calories. I am also exercising, but not killing myself. It's coming off all by itself, literally. I am 56 years old and have lost 24 lbs.