Wii Exercise Games???

Options
Hi there.
I have Wii Fit and Wii Fit +, but the workouts leave a little to be desired to be honest.
I know there are a few "games" for the Wii based on workouts, but which are the best ones? Can you recommend any?
Cheers! :happy:
P.S. I'm looking for something that'll really bring the sweat on!

Replies

• sarahs440
    sarahs440 Posts: 405
    Options
    zumba or just dance 2. It will get you sweating!!!
  • shellyxxxxx
    shellyxxxxx Posts: 143
    Options
    hi ive got the biggest loser for the wii its fab n gives you a great workout also i have raisers for my wii board which turns it into a 6 inch step its fab i love my wii ha ha good luck with your journey x x feel free to had me x
  • knantz
    knantz Posts: 68
    Options
    the zumba one is pretty close to real if you do it correctly and don't cheat.
  • internetgal22
    Options
    Wii fit plus. Has the section where u pick ur own workout. Click on the pics to determine which areas you want to cover. IE stretch and waist. Double up on the time, 30 - 40 minutes. Then go at it. Also I bought the bench for the wii balance board, which gives it height. Use that too for an added cardio burn. Have fun..
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Any of the EA Active games are great and they track your calories and you can customize your workouts.
  • kpadilla411
    Options
    Definitely get the Biggest loser one. It is an intense workout and the just dance 2 will leave you out of breath and it's fun to dance. Those are my two favorite wii games to exercise.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I would say just dance 2 for sure! It really really makes ya sweat & it's fun too!
  • kpadilla411
    Options
    Is there a Zumba wii game?
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I have my fitness coach, which brings on a sweat and also Zumba Wii Party
  • stitcherbeth
    Options
    I really like Wii Active 2. I builds up an all over workout for arms, legs and core and gets the heart rate going. If you try it, I guarantee you will be grumbling at your virtual trainer about the squats and lunges. :-)
  • syates83
    syates83 Posts: 87
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is a must have....me and my 6 year old play it...I put it in the Just Sweat mode and he just dances for the fun while I'm trying to work off the weight!
  • GJSaguaro
    GJSaguaro Posts: 19
    Options
    There's a UFC training game that's coming out soon that looks interesting.
  • WinKitty
    WinKitty Posts: 119
    Options
    Try this in this order on Wii Fit:
    - Free Step: 10 minutes.
    - Free Run: 10 minutes.
    - Super Hula Hoop: 10 minutes.
    - Free Run: 10 minutes.
    - Free Step: 20 minutes.

If that doesn't do it...I'm highly impressed by your fitness level. I work up a righteous sweat doing this particular combo in this order with no breaks between. Plus, my HRM says that my HR stays between 85% and 90% the entire time (after that first free step...which only puts my HR at about 60% to 65%). I do something like this on most days, and I burn over 850 calories for the hour (according to my HRM, the Wii's callorie count is WAY off for me). I will likely be doing something like this to drop weight until I plateau.
  • Girl1Beagle4
    Girl1Beagle4 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Zumba Wii, Country Dance, Just Dance, fencing, Pirates of the Crribean, boxing. All of these bring on the sweat and it takes a lot for me to sweat. As a matter of fact, my daughter and I spent the weekend playing these games and she even says she is "sweating" with these games. Oh, they really are fun games to play.
  • syd1980
    syd1980 Posts: 283
    Options
    I found Your Shape-Jenny McCarty at a used book/games store this weekend. It comes with a mini webcam so you can see your self and your form. it lets you know when you need to correct your form and praises you when doing it right. You can pick any body part to work that day . also gives you the option to tone or burn . can also use some workout equipment you done own , gives you an option to include it in the workout.

still exploring what all it can do . the calorie counter on Your Shape logged me 701 calories in 45 mins.
  • hedgertiger
    hedgertiger Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    get insanity instead!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Just Dance 2 is the most fun!!!! I do it on days I'm too tired to run and I'll go a good hour/90 mins. I burn a good 500-700 calories that way, not bad for a "lazy day" workout.
  • Twylyght
    Twylyght Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I did EA Sports Active, and now I'm working on EA Sports Active 2. They are fantastic, work your butt off, have 3 different settings and you can pick and choose your own excercises if you want! It's a great system. 2 has a hrm and tracks your calories.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Biggest Loser game...it seriously kicks my rear-end!
  • lemonychick
    lemonychick Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! :heart: