Alli Supplement

Options
I am just curious if there are any here also taking Alli, or considering it? Or is that a no-no on a site like this?

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Probably just as accepted here as deca, or clen. But seriously, I'm sure there are people on this site who use alli. I'm sure the people using it, like I'm sure you are, aren't those that just have a few pounds to lose. I'm interested in hearing real life stories of the "interesting" side effects I've been hearing.
  • CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    OMG, I took it and let me tell you, if you go ove ron yoru fat for a meal, you will know about it, as it will be dripping out of yoru rear end in a hour. Its horrible...BUT, is good if you are really regimented (although. if you had that ability than you shouldnt need a drug) If you cant be regimented then this is NOT for you. But dont take my word for it... LOL!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    I am just curious if there are any here also taking Alli, or considering it? Or is that a no-no on a site like this?

I wouldn't with that little amount of weight to lose. It probably won't do a thing for you.

Please check out the link in my signature: "Relatively light and trying to get leaner." It's a long post but full of information. You want to put your focus on weights/resistance when you are already at a healthy weight but trying to lose. Calorie restriction and intense cardio at a healthy weight will just cause you to lose more muscle mass than fat (the body will try to protect low fat reserves and eat into lean muscle mass). This will slow your metabolism down. weights and resistance will increase your metabolism and you will burn more fat through normal activity and even while sleeping.
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I've taken it in the past. You have to follow their guidelines to avoid the side effects. Take it 20 minutes before a meal. Make sure that no more than 30% of the meal's calories are coming from fat. At the time I was taking it, I was also on a prescribed drug (not a weight loss thing) that had the same side effects (with no way to avoid them). I stopped taking the Alli to try and minimize them, but it didn't really help! I've still got a bunch leftover, but they're expired and I'm wondering if they're still effective. Now that I'm eating so much better the side effects shouldn't be a problem.
  • dsj2bw
    dsj2bw Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    yes im on ali i have been on them now for a week paid 50 pound for 1 month if your havin cereal or fruit then you dont take them if your havin food with fat then you take 1 within an hour of food the capsule takes 25%of the fat in your food that is when your bathroom becomes your best friend!! i have had side affects such as bad pains just like period pains and have been at the supermarket and needed too find the loo asap they seem too be working as my weight is coming down
  • tessalder
    tessalder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at trying it for a while and something in the back of my mind keeps telling me that with just concentrating on food intake and calories burned, I can do this on my own, without help from a pill. I use to take a prescribed drug given by my doctor and I have suffered really bad side effects. I gained back three times the weight that I lost. Now I am just really watching what I eat and what I burn and I am slowly losing. All those diet pills do is give you really quick results.
  • Redbella
    Redbella Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have been using Alli for the past 6 mths. In the past six mths I have lost 60lbs. Yeah thats an amazing number but if u knew how I struggled before trying to lose weight u would realize how great it really is. I would lose 20lbs gain 40lbs time and time again til I was over 350lbs. Even though I was that big my husband didnt want me to have any kind of weight loss surgery becase he was scared of me having any kind of surgery. So in total, absolute fustration I went to my doctor and said,"I need to lose weight. Can u help?" And he said I have had alot of patients that have had good results with Alli. And with that my life has literally changed. I still have alot of weight to lose but now the weight is coming off and staying off. Such a positive thing when I had given up all hope. I love it. There can be side effects but I only had them when I was real bad this Christmas and ate too much candy. When I quit it quit. I recommend it to anyone and everyone who has some major weight to loss and who is really ready to make a change.
  • VikTimH
    VikTimH Posts: 7
    Options
    I have taken it in the past and currently using it along with Zija! I use the Alli to help regulate my bathroom going. I am down 20 pounds since Novemeber and looking at another 10 pounds. It is just an additional tool to help you. Key to any weightloss as a lot of others have replied to is healthy intake and excersice. I do really believe in this site and journalling your food and seeing what you are actually eating. This doesn't mean I don't have bad sperg days. I did weight watchers years ago before kids and I still use a lot of their tools. The main one is to journal your food and second it's ok to treat yourself in moderations. You have to feed a craving other wise it can take over and you will be back a square one. Good luck and if you do try it DON;t eat chineese food or fried food without being close to the restroom.