Hello

Options
Hello Everyone,

My name is Renee. I have been on MFP for about a month but I havent been logging in regularly or updating.

So....Here goes nothing...again. I am GOING to stick to it this time. I am pretty good about exercising and eating healthy. My biggest problem has got to be portion control. I am at my heaviest weight of 183. My goal is to get back down to 140 for my wedding in in October and there is no better time than the present.

Any support or advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Renee

Replies

• Destined4Change
    Destined4Change Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! One day at a time!
  • KayLeigh6710
    Options
    You can do it! Find someone else that is losing weight and make it a competition! Thats what i do!

Go girl Go!
  • ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi!! You can add me for support!! :happy:
  • tlm0427
    tlm0427 Posts: 1
    Options
    Today is my first day joining and my first day of the workout and diet routine. I was married just under 2 months ago and when I looked at a picture I discovered that I looked 8 months pregnant! I nearly died. So, I feel your pain. Good luck with your weightloss, and even more so with the wedding!
  • hellsbells1
    hellsbells1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Best of luck on your journey. Feel free to add me for some support. ;)
  • Janet39
    Janet39 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am trying to standardise my meals, saves thought, So if you eat certain things regularly, work out a standard portion and stick to it. To keep a balanced diet, I only allow myself 1 portion of each food each day, If hungry, find something else. The 2 exceptions to this rule are Vegetables and Salad.

I have set my target at approx 400 cal per meal.

My mental plan for every plate is 1/4 Protein, 1/4 dense carbs, 1/2 fruit or veg.

I hope this helps :smile:
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My issues seem pretty similar to yours. I've always eaten fairly healthy, but have no restraint for portion sizes. I've been on this site for a long time, but have been really inconsistent with my food journal. I just had a blast of motivation about a week ago, and am hoping to make it stick this time.

My main motivation lately has been realizing that I was stressing about things in my life that aren't really going to change soon, so I started focusing that energy onto myself, and on things that I knew I had the ability to change (like my weight, health, and confidence). It's always something I "wished" would change, but I'm finally trying to take control of it and see how much power I have!

Congratulations on the weeding and Good luck with the weight loss!!
  • Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    I have the same problem, but am getting EXTREMELY BETTER at it! :D