Planning for an unhealthy week

Options
So I unfortunately know that I am going to have a bit of an unhealthy week, as it is my last week of university (ever!) and I will be at school, studying, and editing papers instead of cooking healthy meals and having intense workouts. Also, Thursday night is a work party (drinks and appies) and Friday is Bermuda Shorts Day, the massive last day of school drinkathon. And yes, I need to participate, I feel the need to celebrate completing my degree, and will therefore probably drink copious amounts of beer and eat hot dogs and burgers.

Anyone have some tips for the week leading up so that I haven't gained 5 pounds by my next weigh-in? Any plans that have worked for you?

Replies

• Jentorres8814
    Jentorres8814 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS !!!!!! To be honest just enjoy it. :flowerforyou:
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Here is what I would do...I would eat super healthy surrounding the events. Try and make wisest choice with the food and also portion control. Enjoy yourself because you dont get a degree everyday. And Congratulations!!
  • crystal10584
    Options
    protein shakes are great for on the go meals. vodka soda if it's avail for the party, eat before you go so you don't graze as much.

per the drinking and hot dogs, sometimes you have to give yourself an off day. enjoy, have fun, drink lots of water with everything and don't let the off day stress you out.
  • GinjaNinja1
    GinjaNinja1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Stick to the healthier appies. When you are out drinking, try to drink a glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have. This can help flush the alcohol through your system and not leave you dehydrated.

If you aren't able to cook good healthy meals, try to find some really healthy microwavable dishes to eat. Although they are high in sodium, you can dilute the sodium and flush it out quicker by drinking more water.

Good luck and congrats on finishing your schooling!
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can say is that you always have the option of exercising those extra calories away... although I know it can be hard to find the time to.
  • kaitlyn12osu
    Options
    intuitive eat!! listen to your body's hunger cues this week. It was just my birthday weekend and I ate cupcakes, cake, icecream and not to mention a lot of sugary drinks and alcohol (it was my 21st) and I still lost a lb! I just stopped eating the dessert when I was satisfied. Also, always have an apple or other healthy snack with you just incase!
  • jmhigg1020
    jmhigg1020 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water - it will keep you from getting dehydrated and keep things moving along for you. Congrats!
  • britt_fit
    britt_fit Posts: 169
    Options
    I would say just do your best to eat healthy the week before (for the guilt factor :wink: ) and enjoy the crap out of the next week! :drinker: I'm graduating in about 4 weeks, so I understand the need to celebrate! It only happens once :wink: