Evening Snacks??? What are YOUR favorites?

Options
So...I've been REALLY trying not to snack after 7:30 pm.....and so far, so good! I DO, however, usually feel like I need a little 'something' after dinner...and have been trying to figure out the BEST snacks to have in the evening..that WON'T leave me feeling too full, or icky the next morning.

One of my RECENT favorites is FAT FREE HOT COCOA!! :) With only 20 calories, I don't feel a bit of guilt sipping on it...and it definitely satisfies my sweet tooth! Other favorites are...

-fruit
-low fat popcorn
-low fat string cheese
-hard boiled egg
-veggies
-sugar-free jello
-light yogurt

Has anyone found other DELISH evening snacks that 'satisfy' your sweet tooth?? I find that the snacks that take the LONGEST to eat, are the best for me...:)
Happy snacking!! :)

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Hummus and veggies sliced up is my go-to snack!
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 400 calories left after dinner :blushing: so I do a bowl of cereal and a serving of trail mix.
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Cottage Cheese
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I eat a whole bag of popcorn every night at 9:30...no guilt here, it's only food and since adjusting my life my needs for sweets have diminished greatly....says the girl that could eat a whole cake in 1 day :sick:
  • Ashia1317
    Ashia1317 Posts: 415
    Options
    Sugar Free Jello Pudding
    Special K
    Baked Apples
    Teddy Grahams w/ Glass milk
    String cheese
    Celery W/ PB or Apples w/ PB
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    If it's a day when I don't have many calories left, it's pocorn. I can eat a ton and feel full and it's only a few calories.

If it's a day when I need to eat a few hundred more calories, 1/2 c. ice cream and a handful of nuts (or 2 tbsp. peanut butter).
  • swiftgirls2
    Options
    Cup of very cold 2% milk.
    Jello Sugar free jello (60 calories)
  • firemama
    firemama Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Athenos Greek Yogurt....sweet and satisfying.
  • AFitasticYou
    Options
    I the Jell-O Temptations mouse puddings. The are in the refridgerated section of the grocery store. They are 60 or 80 calories. The chocolate mint is sooo yummy & satifying!
  • kimd1974
    kimd1974 Posts: 113
    Options
    A spoonful of peanut butter and 4oz. of fat free milk or a weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry bar which has 85 calories and taste like heaven.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Fun Size Snikers!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Yum..delish ideas everyone!! :) Thanks!
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Ginger snaps for me. Not that many calories in each and satisfies wanting something sweet after dinner.
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    Yumm...I love cottage cheese....and ginger snaps are great too!!! Thanks for the ideas everyone!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I often have fat free vanilla yogurt with three of those really thin ginger cookie/cracker thins that are out there. Someone brought some to a function at my house and left what hadn't been eaten behind. One day I was out of granola and used 3-4 of those crumbled instead ... it was YUMMY (and honestly, fewer calories and/or fat than the granola!) Makes a great snack :)
  • ShelbyLB
    Options
    that sounds delish!! Thanks for the idea!!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I like to make my protein shake.. then it's like a milkshake for dessert ;)
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Smoothies, most recently,

Banana, Strawberries and Peaches w/ Light Vanilla Soy Milk and Fat Free Coolwhip on top!
    180cal makes two glasses worth, keep them for yourself the next day or share with your significant other!
  • cookikila
    cookikila Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow Ice cream sandwiches with only 140 calories.
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I don't really have that much of a sweet tooth anymore, but sometimes a square of very dark chocolate really hits the spot.

My usual night time snacks are baby carrots with hummus or a pre-measured and pre-bagged portion of almonds or pistachios. They all still seem 'snacky' to me because you get to eat a lot of them. And the pistachios take forever with the shells.