Late Learner

Options
Somebody posted something similar today on Facebook and it had lots of fun responses, and was full of information some of us still didn't know, so I figured I would try it out on this board as well.

"What is something that you learned later in life than most?"

Replies

• MrsMills712
    MrsMills712 Posts: 350
    Options
    * It wasn't until about 3 years ago in one of my college classes that I found out that the arrow existed in the Fed Ex logo. Crazy. Now every time I see it, my eye goes immediately to it.

* My hubby likes this one..... I didn't realize that IHOP stood for anything until about 5 years ago. I always thought it was named that like, I HOP, U HOP, We all HOP for pancakes! :D Where I got that from? I have no idea!

* When I was younger I used to hear people talk about euthanasia and wondered what made kids in Asia so important. I mean, nobody talked about youth in America, or youth in Africa ;-)
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I don't have one for myself but I just informed my boyfriend a few months ago that pickles are made from cucumbers. DUH
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    ** I thought that (when I was little) that when people had the light poles in their yard that they use to turn them on from inside their house:laugh:
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I don't have one for myself but I just informed my boyfriend a few months ago that pickles are made from cucumbers. DUH

LOL I just had to tell my GF the same thing a few weeks ago.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I didnt learn how to drive till last may right after my 33 birthday
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I learned just today [for the 2nd time in life] that when you wear boxers, make sure the package has safely arrived at its destination before zipping up.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I learned just today [for the 2nd time in life] that when you wear boxers, make sure the package has safely arrived at its destination before zipping up.

owwwwwwwwwww
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options

You're not going to live this down btw..

also I just learned that peppers are a fruit.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options

You're not going to live this down btw..

also I just learned that peppers are a fruit.

Lol. This one is probably the last mention of it.
  • magichatter06
    Options
    Oh & I also realized why Morning Glory's are called such.... because they bloom in the morning dur! :smokin:
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My friend's husband didn't realize that "spinning class" at the gym was actually cycling. He picture her in a room with a bunch of other people, all standing there literally spinning in circles.
  • magichatter06
    Options
    My friend's husband didn't realize that "spinning class" at the gym was actually cycling. He picture her in a room with a bunch of other people, all standing there literally spinning in circles.

LMAO
  • mandylanerocks
    mandylanerocks Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend loves to tease me about this... RIGID means STIFF.

i've all but forgotten how it first started because i have such a bad memory, which is why i never remember what RIGID means. i'm pretty sure he asked me when we first started hanging out.. & since then he has kept asking me! i'll remember for a little while.. then he'll just ask me randomly ask me, "what does rigid mean?" & i'll be dumb-founded. uhg!
    i'm determined to remember now!! haha years later. :P
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize that pineapples grow in the ground, not from trees. I'm not sure why I thought this since I had NEVER seen a pineapple tree. I had to go by the DOLE plantation in Hawaii to realize they were sticking out of the ground...LOL.
  • MrsMills712
    Options
    * I didn't make the connection until fairly recently that Porky the pig was named that because of him being, uh, pork. :)
  • MrsMills712
    Options

This cracks me up! I remember when I was a kid I loved to spin until I couldn't go anymore and then lay down and watch the room spin.