I Could kick myself :(

Options
Yesterday we had a crawfish boil at my house...tons of friends and family. I logged all my food ahead of time as not to go over. I did fine with the food...but I sooo blew it with drinking sodas and beer. I dont even keep those in my house bit people brought stuff to help out. I feel so bad now...i cant believe all that planning and I went way over for soda and beer...uggg!

Replies

• Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Try to just let it go. These things happen and we get through them.

Now you know that for large social gatherings-even events that you planned-you may need to plan out a strategy for alcohol. You can do it!

Don't let one day send you into a spiral that turns into a week. Just get right back on your plan today and you'll be fine!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    you'll be fine, just get back on track today = )
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I so understand. I had a banquet last weekend. I didn't go over but i drank alot. So the next day i drank lots of water. Im hoping it will help.

Don't get mad, its a new week.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Today is a new day! Give yourself one last kick and move on! Make good choices today, drink lots of water ( to help flush out that extra sodium...I always get bloated/swollen if I drink beer) and don't look back! Easier said, than done, I know! You can do this!!
  • FlashBang
    FlashBang Posts: 136
    Options
    LIve once in a while. You are going to find, if you let it go, live a healthy lifestyle most of your days, it will have no impact what so ever. Sodium puts more weight on you, but, at the end of the day is only water and leaves pretty quickly.
  • Rockstar_rabbit
    Options
    Today is a new day! We will all have set backs but the key is to get back on track. You can do it! :flowerforyou:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Stay on track now, drink lots of water and don't weigh for a few days. you'll be fine! Sometimes people do that on purpose, like a shock to the system, calorie/carb cycling and sometimes i does encourage a loss!!
  • mbvenske
    mbvenske Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Think on the upside, you did great with your food!! You know what went wrong and can fix it for future get togethers. Your doing great, you took accountability and are going to get thru this. :smile:
  • triptiu
    triptiu Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had a similar weekend.. lots of good food around and could not help it! But worked out today and now hoping to exercise more self control next time! My point is -- happens to all of us.. just have to put it behind us and be better next time!
  • CalPolyBronco
    CalPolyBronco Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    What's done is done....we all do silly things from time to time. We're only human after all. I agree consuming tons of calories through liquids is never the best idea but it happens and we all do it. Just get right back on track and forgive yourself. One day off plan isn't going to result in a lifetime of failure I promise. Plus, sometimes when we allow ourselves certain things every once in awhile we don't feel so deprived. I hope at least you enjoyed your cookout!