Friends Wanted

Options
Hi there.

My name is Danielle. I'm 32 years old. I actually joined this site last fall while looking for an app to record my daily diet. I never fully committed to using the site until last week. After a long overdue girls night out, my best friend and I agreed that we didn't want to look "30" anymore. She's the mother of a 15 month old, and let's just face it, I got too comfortable and more or less stopped caring.

My goal is 15 pounds in 2 months. I'm 5'4" and my starting weight last week was 147. So far I am down 2 pounds in the first week with pretty minimal effort. I plan on kicking things into full gear and getting back to into my running habits. I learned a long time ago not to base everything on the scale- I have an athletic body type. If I can get below 132, bonus. Otherwise, once I reach that goal, toning will be the most important thing to me.

To make this possible, I am looking for friends on this site to encourage me and hold me accountable. Will you be my friend?

Thanks for reading. Best wishes to you in your goals.
DL

Replies

• ubabe1
    ubabe1 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hi!! You can add me!!
  • mrsblair84
    Options
    Hi! I'll send you a request. I think most women in the 5'0" - 5'5" range have a weight goal in the 130s. I'm one of them.
  • TheNewMe28
    Options
    You can add me if you like!
  • Rebjones612
    Rebjones612 Posts: 408
    Options
    You can add me!
  • sam2902
    sam2902 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ,
    you can add me too if you like , I am 43yrs old 5ft5 and started out on 1st September (and before I joined MFP) at 198lbs, I am now 159lbs with 5lbs to go before my vacation . Still not sure what my final goal is yet !
    I'm no runner but am quite strict with food and exercise !
    4565527.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • healthyspark
    Options
    Would love to have a friend on here! Feel free to add me!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! although I am way over 32 I weigh the same as you and have the same goals that you have!! I wish you the best here and you can not find a better place for support, friends that have the same thoughts and issues that you have and motivation!! Best wishes on your journey! You can friend me if you wish too!
  • yourframelady
    Options
    Hi. I'm Tracy and I'm 47. I just started 2 weeks ago. I'm 5'4" and started at 134. My goal is 125 pounds. I haven't started exercising a lot. Some yogo and I walk my dog. I'd love to have you as a friend and support your efforts and mine. My 16 year old daughter is doing
    this too. We are trying to be more balanced in our food choices and I want her to have a good foundation.
  • nybor101
    nybor101 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!!!! Add me!!!!!!!!
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend! Go ahead and add me. My pounds have been coming off very slowly. I just turned 30, got a physical and the doc told me it's time to lose weight and eat right because my Triglyceride count is too high. So, here I am doing my best. I have been logging my calories for almost a month now and just started working out regularly on April 1. I'm starting to get addicted to cardio!