Question for Insanity people.

Options
This workout seems really hardcore yet fun at the same time. When I get down to my last little bit of weight I need to lose I was thinking about doing this. My main question is ‘How much room do you need?’ My place is ultra tiny so If a lot of room is needed..I am in trouble.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    You can comfortably perform everything in a 6' x 8' area of space. Possibly smaller if you compact the moves. The only room you really need is for your legs when you jump into plank/push-up position and enough room to do jumping jacks and suicide runs.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Yeah, 6x8 seems about right. My husband and I do P90X and Insanity in our family room. Doesn't take much space.

BTW, my husband is 260 pounds and I'm currently @ 211. There is no need to get your weight down in order to give Insanity a try, unless you have knee problems.
  • stephbrooks
    stephbrooks Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity! Doesn't take a lot of space! I started the workout unable to completely do ALL the moves, but did what I could and I surprised myself everytime with what I could do as I went. Don't worry about if you can or not! Do the best you can and you will eventually do it all! Don't wait until your last few pounds!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the feed back. I plan on starting soon. A) When I get the money and B) when I tire of the gym. I am pretty much addicted to the gym at this point. I will be sure to go home and messure my space!
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My only problem is I have 7ft ceilings where I work out and am constantly hitting the ceiling jumping, but floor space is small and easily modified.