Most weight lost in one week?

Options
What is the most weight you lost in one week? Please include how strict your diet was and your exercise plans?

Replies

• austxdreamin
    Options
    When I first started I lost 8 pounds in the 1st week; no excercise as I wanted to get calories under control first. So I stuck to 1200 calories a day and water...no diet drinks, coffee, tea...just water.

Now in my 2nd journey at losing the rest of the weight (after a little R&R from all of this)...it's not coming off as fast...but I also don't have as much to lose, so I get that.
  • jmafte
    jmafte Posts: 46
    Options
    When I first started I lost 10 pounds in my first week by changing my diet to around 1700 calories a day, eating 3 small meals and snacks in between, and doing around 65 minutes of cardio a day. I also started taking a really high quality vitamin stacker that helped immensely with energy levels, and for some reason it really curbed my appetite. The appetite loss is not what it's designed to do, nor is it even claimed on the bottle. I then lost another 3 pounds the next week, and then found MFP, and have been averaging between 1 and 4 pounds a week since then.
  • becky9188
    becky9188 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    one time, at band camp........ haha seriously though in hs away at band camp we ate amish cooking 3 times a day, and drank LOTS of water and marched/ran/exercised from 7:30am-10pm for 5 days and I lost 30 pounds.... and now for the life of me i cant lose weight :(
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The 1st two weeks will be the biggest weeks because its water weight...not actually fat loss.

So realistically not counting the water weight weeks I've lost 2.6lbs in one week before.