Victory! (not on a scale)

Options
hkystar
hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
So I joined MFP about a year ago, at the time I could barely walk 3 miles in one stretch (I believe the 5K I did around that time I clocked in at over an hour). This past weekend I walked/jogged my first 1/2 marathon EVER! I finished in 3:29:45 (and that included 10 mins of potty breaks). I am so proud of myself that I completed it. I had to walk more of it than I was hoping to (due to the baby shifting herself into uncomfortable spots). I cant wait to do another one (after this baby comes out).

Replies

• mictur
    mictur Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Every little bit helps. I was planning on running our 5K this May for our Shrimp Festival but I have to walk it instead. Had a hip dislocation in Jan. before the Pirate Run on Feb. 5 and I couldn't do it. Not allowed to run any more but I can walk it. Will walk the whole 5K instead of half like last year. I miss the running but I don't want to wear down the hip joints any more. (Have 2 replacements) Enjoy the moments without the baby and then start running the baby. Good luck.:flowerforyou:
  • jamie11k
    jamie11k Posts: 82
    Options
    YOU ROCK!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!