Brown-Bagging It

Options
What do you guys take to work for lunch? I need some new ideas. My old standby is becoming just that.... old. haha.

Replies

• modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I have hummus and veggies....lots of cut up veggies. An apple or 2. Plus some good soup with Annie's thincakes (rice cakes). I will often make a big batch of my own soup but right now I am absolutely loving Happy Planet Organic South Indian Split Pea Soup...which Is a fresh soup and you can get it at costco or the organic store. Not sure if in the states as Happy Planet is a Canadian company.

Sometimes Tuna on Wasa Rye crackers.
  • sweetnshy
    sweetnshy Posts: 97
    Options
    bump, always looking for ideas!
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I take sandwhiches a lot, but for me it's just convenient. You could try looking at a website called skinnytaste.com. They have a lot of healthy recipes and you might find one that is easy to separate into lunches.
  • skinnyjeans13
    Options
    I take pretty much anything that's fresh or that tastes good re-heated! I try not to limit myself to any sort of food because I know that if I'm bored or not feeling it, I'll just go buy something unhealthy instead.
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day... turkey sandwich, big bowl of frozen veggies, and string cheese, or sometimes I even eat some frozen whole wheat waffles (kashi is good) and some peanut butter! It all depends on how much money I have that week..or basically whatever is left in the fridge at work. haha a
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I rotate between a variety of "entrees". This week - 4 oz roast turkey breast. Last week was a serving of home made soup. Week before chicken caeser salads. In addition, every day I take 3 oz of baby carrots, 3 oz of sugar snap peas, and a whole sliced up cucumber, followed by a piece of fruit for desert. These are my core veggie servings that really fill me up and keep me going all day long.

I tend to keep lunch relatively simple, since I make a decent dinner for my hubbster every night.
  • zacksnana
    zacksnana Posts: 3,230 Member
    Options
    Buy the Hungry Girl cookbook!! easy recipies, no "difficult" ingredients! For dinner i am having cheesy chicken quesadilla (240 calories) a whole onion made into onion rings (153 calories) and peach pie for desert (85 calories) for a grande total of 478 calories for dinner! There are several books by this author with various recipies.. Lisa Lillien is the author. Enjoy! and it is easy to make ahead and take with you to work...
  • Noctuary
    Noctuary Posts: 255
    Options
    I take quite a few things because I am Diabetic. So I snack alot. And I work at a bowling alley and WILL NOT eat there! I take cups of fruit diced up. Cucumber slices. Chicken with rice. Laughing cow cheese with wheat thins. Sometimes even oatmeal to just get me full (with strawberries)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Turkey or ham and low fat pepperjack and yellow mustard on a sandwich thin with snow peas and a fruit. If I burn some calories, I might also have some baked lays or sweet potato chips.
    Or if there are yummy leftovers, I pack those