Advice please....

Options
Okay so, I have hit my goal weight and I am really over the moon!! Initially, I was eating around 950 - 990 calories as I couldn't eat anymore. I then started making up calories by eating nuts, 2-3 squares of chocolate or a couple of biscuits etc. I have recently noticed that my calorie intake is anything from 1050 -1150 (I only go over 1200 once in a while if I have a few voddies, lime and soda).

Anyway, I put some weight back on soon after reaching my goal!! Is this normal? I excercise daily except Saturdays.

Also, quick question....If I stopped excercising and still ate within my calories, will I still lose weight?

Replies

• meganlkp
    Options
    Okay so, I have hit my goal weight and I am really over the moon!! Initially, I was eating around 950 - 990 calories as I couldn't eat anymore. I then started making up calories by eating nuts, 2-3 squares of chocolate or a couple of biscuits etc. I have recently noticed that my calorie intake is anything from 1050 -1150 (I only go over 1200 once in a while if I have a few voddies, lime and soda).

Anyway, I put some weight back on soon after reaching my goal!! Is this normal? I excercise daily except Saturdays.

Also, quick question....If I stopped excercising and still ate within my calories, will I still lose weight?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Ummm...well what is the calorie range you should be at for MAINTAINING....cause if you haven't changed to maintain you'd still be working towards loosing....and I don't think you are eatin enough...
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    It's all about the calories! If you exercise but still go over your calories you will gain...if you don't exercise but stay within your calories you will lose!

When you go from 950 calories a day to 1200 you are going to gain at first because your body is in starvation mode (there are SEVERAL posts on it) You NEED to eat a min of 1200....after you gain your body will stop being in starvation mode and you will lose again.
  • meganlkp
    Options
    Sorry, yes, i should eat 1200 and the days I go over are normally a Friday and /or saturday night. Don't excercise on the saturday but a do a 30-60 minute walk during my lunch on Friday. I appreciate that I will put on weight but was hoping that if I upped my calories gradually, that I won;t put on loads all at once.....
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    you should check out newbies posts. IT will explain why you need to eat a minimum of 1200 when dieting or else you will gain back what you have lost. I would put the links in here if I knew how.
  • meganlkp
    Options
    Thanks all about me...i'll have a look for them :o)
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    They are in the General Weight Loss section at the top, there should be at least 2 different threads.
  • meganlkp
    Options
    Thanks Guys :o)