Anyone doing C25K?

Options
I just did week 1 day 1 of Couch to 5k and am looking for a workout buddy to help keep me accountable and on track!

Anyway want to join me in this program?

Replies

• angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I am starting week 2 today!!! Week one was ok!! A little worried about this next week......

I will help out how I can....friend me!!
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I'm still in pre-week 1 - can't even manage the 8 individual runs as yet. Might take me a full year at this rate!! Look forward to seeing how everyone else gets on.
  • kimmers723
    kimmers723 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am starting today. I am out of town but doing it on the treadmill! No excuses!
  • DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am on W2D3 but have been doing this day for about 5 days because I have asthma so I like to make sure I am really great at the day before I move on! add me if you like?
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I am on week 6 you can add me!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Yes I do!! I just started once again, only got to day 2 of week 2 last time. But this time is for real!! I just signed up for a 5K for June 11th and neeeeeed to do this!!

I have just done day 2 of week 1 yesterday and I am going to move a bit fast. I am going to plan on doing it at least every other day. Sometimes every day, but no more than one day break between the days. I hope this is not too fast, but I think I can do it. I want to leave time to practice running the full length a few times before the race and leave time in case I need to repeat some days a few times.

I am going to do it this time and I am motivated, but all the extra motivation and support I can get would HELP!!
  • knapowell
    knapowell Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Me. I just completed week 1/day 1 yesterday.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I'm still in pre-week 1 - can't even manage the 8 individual runs as yet. Might take me a full year at this rate!! Look forward to seeing how everyone else gets on.

I tried the program a few months ago and didn't make it past day 1. When it came time to jog I went to fast and couldn't finish the whole time and then I couldn't do it again and ended up walking the whole 20 minutes.

Today when I started I jogged very very slowly and I could make it through the whole day. It seemed like right when I was getting to the point of giving up on the jogging it changed to walking!

If you don't think you can do the jogging maybe walk and then during the jog part power walk and repeat until you can start jogging. The program is doable and can definitely be modified for your specific needs.
  • simplysara9
    simplysara9 Posts: 521
    Options
    I think I just added every one of you as a friend so hopefully we can keep each other accountable and on track with the program!

Good Luck and Happy Walking / Jogging / Running!
  • Carm52
    Carm52 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm on Week 2! Doing Day 3 tomorrow!! :o) I love it so far!!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    I just did W1D1 today. Feel free to add me if you like. I NEED to do this since I signed up for the Warrior Dash out here in June!! I can't slack off!!
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options
    W1D2 done! Had to do it on the treadmill today since I won't be able to get a run in outside. I think with this running, my quadriceps are where I feel it most. They're sore. How's everyone else doing?
  • amyisley17
    Options
    I am supposed to be on Week 4 but am repeating week 3 this week. I went on vacation last week and did do week 4 last week.
  • ltlemermaid
    ltlemermaid Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me

I completed W5D2 last night. Just hang in there and don't feel bad about repeating days-do what is comfortable for you :)