Recommend your workout DVDs

Options
Looking for a good DVD workout that is effective but doesn't take up too much time, since time is precious (I work full time and have 2 kids).
What can you recommend?

Replies

• erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sandsone's Walk at Home series. I'm using the Start! Walking DVD right now. The 1 mile is 20 minutes and the 2 mile is 30 minutes. If you want to do circuit training, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is only 20 minutes (but it will kick your butt!).
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    There are soooo many different workouts out there, it's all about what you're looking for. I started with the 30 day shred, and a lot of people do that one. It's only about 20 minutes a day. It's circuit training, so you do three circuits of 3min strength, 2min cardio, 1min abs. I didn't like it so I started doing turbo kickboxing and step aerobics. I am in love with both! Make sure whatever you choose, that you do get some kind of strength training in as well!
  • plc765
    plc765 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Jillian Jillian Jillian! I LOVE her and think her dvds are very effective. Try her new one, Ripped in 30. It is about 25-30 min and it's 3 min strength, 2 min cardio, 1min abs circuit training. I love all hers, but this one is my fav.
  • eternlgladiator
    Options
    There's really no easy road that won't take longer to see results. I had a good time with p90x but some days can go up to 90 minutes for the day. It works well though and Tony is bearable. You've got to commit to something and do it. The easier things will be just that. Easier. They may work but they'll take a lot longer. It's your call.
  • focus2bfit
    focus2bfit Posts: 201
    Options
    Doing Chalean Extreme right now and finished P90X in Decemeber. Chalean is 35mins vs P90X closer to and hour. Commitment is the main thing :)
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Doing Chalean Extreme with a little Turbo Fire thrown in for good luck right now. Both are awesome but pricey. Jillian Michaels DVD's are effective, short and cheap.
  • angmora
    angmora Posts: 22
    Options
    I'm not into hardcore workout videos, I like to have fun, and kinda get distracted. I have been enjoying Julianne Hough's ballroom dance workout. It isn't too easy like some videos.... i like a little challenge. You can try out her clip on YouTube before buying too.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Im doing Tracy Anderson's metamorphosis series, and I love it!! If you just do the muscular work, it takes about half an hour and you will still see super fast results! It involved a lot of body resistance and floor work, minimal equipment required
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    If you are starting to work out and are not in very good shape I would start with
    Turbo jam: good music, lots of cardio, and good mood. 15 to 45 minutes workouts.
    Chalean extreme: works on strength training. it starts slowly and they focus on posture, etc. 30 minutes workouts.

When you have a normal-good fitness level:
    P90X : lots of strength training, 60 minutes workouts. it's great but I think it's more focused to men, because they do lots of pull-ups. I do not like bulking up on arms and back. For men it's great though. I still do it, but I do squats and some other arms/chest/back exercises.
    Turbo Fire: more of a cardio oriented workout. fast, and it requires some coordination sometimes. It includes High Intensity Interval Training workouts from 15 to 30 minutes, abs, and normal cardio 30 to 60 minutes. It also includes about 5 different strength tranining workouts of 20 to 30 minutes each.

I like them all.
    One I didn't like was hip-hop abs. I found it was a bit too light and "dancy" for my taste; despite the fact that I love dancing!

Hope I could help.
  • amethyst213
    amethyst213 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing walk away the pounds with Leslie Sansone. Love but I think its time for me to try something new. I think I will check out Jillian.
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    Leslie Sandsone's Walk at Home series. I'm using the Start! Walking DVD right now. The 1 mile is 20 minutes and the 2 mile is 30 minutes. If you want to do circuit training, Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred is only 20 minutes (but it will kick your butt!).

I also have a couple Leslie Sansone WAH series; have the 5-day fit walk and I do the power mile (1 mile/15 min) in the morning when I get up and when hubby gets home from work we do the 30 minute walk (2 mile/30 min) - we started out with get up and get started and moved on from there. Over the weekend I picked up the Intensity Walk - includes Super Challenge 4 mile walk/60 minutes; walk and jog 30 minutes and muscle mile one 20 minutes
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Do you have FitTV?

I love Gilad Total Body Sculpt. It does a mix of cardio, weights and body weight stuff like squats, lunges, etc.. I think it is a great program for under 30 minutes!
  • kimmieruns
    Options
    The first Biggest Loser dvd is the best! I've tried all the subsequent ones and keep coming back to the original. Bob Harper is so good at making it fun and keeping me inspired! You can choose from 4 or 5 different 20 minute workouts, my favorites are Bootcamp and High Intensity Cardio, both are full-body workouts, you will be sweating and exhausted! Whenever I want to lose a few pounds FAST, I just do one (20 min) or both (40 min) of the above titles several times per week and it's VERY effective, combined with a good diet of course.

Also, Netflix has tons of workout dvds so you can try before you buy. Try the Biggest Loser dvds, plus Jillian Michaels, and Jackie Warner.
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm for Turbo Jam.

It's 6 workouts on 2 discs. The workouts range from 20 minutes up to 45-50. It's $60 to buy the whole program, but it's well worth it. I know someone who's been doing it for YEARS and still isn't bored with it. She actually recommended it to me.
  • 78_kasia
    78_kasia Posts: 27
    Options
    Thanks so much, everyone. I just got a couple of the Jillian Michaels DVDs. But I'll check out some of the other ones that you recommended. I know that PX90 must be amazing because I lost 20 lbs in 8 weeks several years back using the original version Power 90, but I just don't have the amount of time that you need to do those.
  • Quaneshia1983
    Options
    Lesile Sanson she is so motivating, and the workouts are not hard at all I have been using her DVDs since October of last year and I just can't wait to wake up and workout with her and the crew. You can get at walmart for 9dollars, it so worth it check her out.