Sugar free snacks?

Options
Hi guys! I always go waaaaayyyyy over my sugar amount. Does anybody know of any low sugar or sugar free snacks that are actually tasty? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• emilylaura7
    Options
    sugar free chocolate pudding :)
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    werthers sugar free hard candies - one is only 8 calories!
    sugar free chocolate vita tops - 90 calories. These are in the frozen section. They are REALLY yummy and full of fiber!
    sugar free Jello brand pudding snacks - I like the vanilla cups... 60 calories.

I'm working on limiting my sugars too. I have a really hard time with this! Thanks for posting!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Don't do it. You will still go way overboard eating them as they will not satisfy the sweet urgers you will get. Sugar is the only thing that will help. Try eating an apple or pinapple to quench that urge. Try it then wait about an hour and you will forget all about needing that peice of candy. Also don't forget drink loads of water.
  • Jakeswen
    Jakeswen Posts: 4
    Options
    The only thing that sucks about sugar free food is that it makes you gassy.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Edemame!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Jello sugar free pudding. I take a banana and dip it into the pudding and eat it. I disagree with skinnyme, as they satisfy me, but you will just have to see if they satisfy you. One cup is 60 calories. Add the banana and it is 160 or so calories.
  • fishermanwife
    Options
    sugar free stuff does different things to different people depends on if they have replaced the sugar with an artificial item and how your body reacts to it like diet pop makes me gag and litterally sick but i have found dove sugar free chocolate is great also the jello brand jellos and puddings and for breakfast mapple grove farms makes a great tasting pancake syrup that wonderful
  • kimmieruns
    Options
    I recently discovered Emerald brand Cocoa Roast Almonds. They have just a light dusting of cocoa for the chocolate flavor without being drenched in that fake waxy chocolate they usually cover nuts with. They come in a large jar and also in 100 calorie packs, which I haven't found anywhere but Walmart. The 100 calorie pack only has 2g of sugar, so they are a great snack when you want something sweet without the sugar.
  • ablueskier
    ablueskier Posts: 104
    Options
    Watch sugar free candies/chocolate. I was at a store yesterday and by the cash register there was a warning. The substitute for sugar free candies some makers use (this was a farmers market like place so it was all made there) actually acts as a LAXATIVE if you eat more than 20g of the candy. I was busting up laughing at the sign. Just what I need to know to make that chocolate all the more appetizing.
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Watch sugar free candies/chocolate. I was at a store yesterday and by the cash register there was a warning. The substitute for sugar free candies some makers use (this was a farmers market like place so it was all made there) actually acts as a LAXATIVE if you eat more than 20g of the candy. I was busting up laughing at the sign. Just what I need to know to make that chocolate all the more appetizing.

This explains why the sugar free cough drops i bought the other day had a warning on them saying too much could have a laxative effect! Crazy!
  • bamagirl2020
    Options
    werthers sugar free hard candies - one is only 8 calories!
    sugar free chocolate vita tops - 90 calories. These are in the frozen section. They are REALLY yummy and full of fiber!
    sugar free Jello brand pudding snacks - I like the vanilla cups... 60 calories.

I'm working on limiting my sugars too. I have a really hard time with this! Thanks for posting!

The vita tops sounds amazing. I'm definitely going to pick up some next time I'm at the store!
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    sugar free puddings and jello are pretty good
  • sullivan1011
    sullivan1011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wish i had read this string before i consumed a bag of Sugar Free gummy bears. I find that the sugar free stuff helps with my craving. However, after the upset stomach I had tonight, the gummy stuff at least are not worth it. I had this happen on my second week of my new diet and thought it was just my body getting use to the diet. Now a month the only questionable additional today was the 2 servings of gummy bears I had tonight, to celebrate my great week of weight loss! :)