Frustrated beyond belief

Options
I have been eating more throughout the day as people kept suggesting, so that I could speed up my metabolism. I have added exercise to my daily routine as well. I have been doing this for a little over a month now and nothing. I understand that things take a while and my diet hasn't been perfect but since I have changed my eating and I am working out I would think that I would see some change but nothing. I see people saying they have lost so much in 1-3 months and I can't lose 5 pounds. I am beyond frustrated now and all my motivation seems to be disappearing.

Replies

• MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Do you drink lots of water? Are you watching your sodium? If you open up your diary, I'm sure you'll get some great advice. Don't get frustrated, just keep pushing it.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    cannot see your diary so cannot offer suggestions :(
  • denisec26
    denisec26 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    i know how u feel, i never loose weight. i've been stuck for months
  • gottabekd
    gottabekd Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Everyone's body is different. If you're doing everything right, i'd check with the doctor to see if something else is going on.
  • legacysh
    legacysh Posts: 464
    Options
    I can imagine that you would be frustrated. All I can say is keep doing what you believe is the right thing for weight loss. Our bodies can be soo stubborn sometimes. The other thing I noticed one of my other MFP friends did was see a nutritionist about it. It took a little work on her part, but she is now starting to see the benefits of it. It was very frustrating for her, but she did not give up. I am hoping that you get even the smallest breakthrough so that you will feel successful and want to continue. It is important to feel like you are getting somewhere with this, but remember that you won't get anywhere by not trying.

Hang in there and Friend me if you want!
  • jessieleah
    jessieleah Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking measurements? You could be losing, but the scale just doesn't know it. Don't lose hope, though! If you're eating right and exercising it will show eventually!

I've only lost ~18 pounds since I started my journey at the beginning of the year, and I've had some hiccups along the way. But it will pay off, just stay strong.
  • fireflyangel22
    fireflyangel22 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Have you gotten a physical from your doc? Maybe you have a thyroid disorder preventing your weight loss.
  • sarcastje
    sarcastje Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i read in a fitness mag that some pple may not lose fat because instead of eating really tiney portions several times a day, they still eat their 3 average portions with more snacks meaning more calories than they normally would. So then you might just aswell stick with 3 main meals a day
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    It can be frustrating at time and we all go through it! Your diet is 80% of your results so you have to clean up eating and you will see a change. Try changing up your workouts, up the intensity and go as hard as you can.
    You will get there.
  • gummybat
    gummybat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i know how you feel, i have stuck at my weight for months now BUT and it the but that keeps me going i have lost nearly 3" off my waist so keep at and dont give up, have you measured??
  • tammyj1973
    tammyj1973 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started in January and have gone down, up and stayed the same, but keep trying!! Look at drinking half your weight in oz of water a day. So if you weigh 150lbs, drink 75 oz of water a day. Also slowly increase your protein, that helps you feel full longer. Don't increase too fast or the bathroom will be your new best friend!! Have you had a body scan? Most weight loss or fitness places can help you with this. Keep you chin up and don't give up!!!
  • mercy8
    mercy8 Posts: 9
    Options
    Hi there! Try to think "happy thoughts" like at least your not gaining more weight, and your changing into a healthy lifestyle of exercise and counting calories daily. Yesterday I was feeling bumbed out about myself, but today I said to myself can't give up; I've lost a lot less than I had hoped (since Jan3,2011)....but at least I haven't gained! Also check your thyroid, for years I had an "underactive thyroid" I have a prescription now for that problem. For me, losing weight is not that easy; it gets so much harder as you get older and all your bones ache like me. Hang in There!
  • liz89118
    liz89118 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    On facebook I'm friends with Jillian Michaels and she gives great tips... one of them is only consuming 3 meals and 1 snack.

I can't snack or eat small meals because I'm never full and I find myself constantly snacking and not drinking enough water.. I try to consume 60-80 grams of protein a day and approx 100 or so carb all complex carbs from fruits and veggies...

Whats most important is sticking it with it sometimes we hit this platau for awhile but we lose a few inches then your body just lets it go.. esp if you have lost a good amount of weight your body because a tad resistant but it will eventually come off if you stick with it. Sometimes I mess with my calorie intake.. I up one day and lower it a tad the next day.. switch up my meal plan and my exercise routine.. sometimes you just need some minor tweeks!
  • Toibear
    Toibear Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I am eating my 1200 calories a day and drinking my water. I just closed my diary because I had stopped logging faithfully recently because I was getting so frustrated. I will look into the thyroid check. I have an appt coming up. I am trying to stay positive because I know where I wanna be. I like the "happy thoughts" idea. I do notice my strength is improving. :) Again, thanks everyone. hopefully it will get better for me.
  • julie4760
    julie4760 Posts: 125
    Options
    Look again at what you're eating luv the reason I say this is because I have food intolerances and if I eat something that doesn't agree with me it causes bloating and water retention and I weigh heavier for a few days sometimes as much as 4 or 5lbs. The thyroid check is a good idea and maybe have your hormone level checked too. Keep at it luv we're here for you x
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    1200 is the bare minimum you should be eating. That can leave you quite hungry and might still put you in starvation response. Better to have 1350 cals a day plus exercise will give you even more cals per day. 1350 is the 1.5 lbs option on your settings.