Eating Before Workout

Options
what is the best snack to have after work but before the workout?

Replies

• stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    diluted Gatorade!
  • marella211
    Options
    that does not sound appetizing...
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    I find if i am really hungry and need something before I workout it is usually peanut butter toast. Filling but not super heavy.
  • leafsan
    leafsan Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    If I'm really interested in a snack i like to have a few saltine crackers with some peanut butter on them. They really give me a boost.
  • chrisyoung0422
    chrisyoung0422 Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    G ade already tastes diluted enough.

I like to have some greek yogurt and maybe some almonds. A slice of double protein BB bread and naturally more pb is good also.
  • julesrulesall
    Options
    peanut butter sandwich
  • TiniTurtle
    TiniTurtle Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    banana & some sort of light protein, like pb.
  • Ahendon824
    Ahendon824 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Usually something that is going to hold you over! Don't work out on an empty stomach you will not get the results you want and it's so bad for your body. I usually grab a granola bar. (good ones like kashi.) or even a handful of almonds. Something with a little protein. And the same when you get done with your work out and you are hungry grab some protein. That will help your muscles burn fat and rebuild themselves! Hope that helps!
  • biggiwig
    biggiwig Posts: 76
    Options
    yep, banana and cottage cheese.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I usually have 1/2 a serving of nuts. But I'll also have a banana and/or pb toast.
  • jgskinny
    jgskinny Posts: 15
    Options
    If you need to eat something before you work out, make it a protein! Otherwise eat after you work out! Your body continues to burn calories after your workout(depending on what you did-in) and for me I always find I eat less and more healthy!
  • marella211
    Options
    wow thanks for all the suggestions!
  • amandamcphee23
    amandamcphee23 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would also say Peanutbutter sandwich on Wheat bread. It's filling enough with feeling like an anchor in your stomach.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    peanut butter sandwich

That's what I just had!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Banana (for potassium) & Peanut Butter (for protein)