Looking for other Vegetarian Friends

Options
Hi! I'm Leah and I'm trying to loose ... well I don't exactly know. I'm really tall and very stalky and pretty athletic (well by my self - I have NO coordination to be on any kind of team!) I love the gym, I love aerobics, swimming, hiking - I actually think I'd LOVE running but I haven't the lungs or the knees. But then there is my favorite - YOGA!! But I have this giant belly - hahaha - not really giant I guess. Just bigger than I want.

I'd like to be a size 12 some day! -- That is my dream. I'm a 16 now. It's hard hard hard for me to loose weight even though I've always eaten well. That six pounds I lost were the first in a very long time ... I've cut out meat and dairy .... I've always believed the way we treat animals in the post-industrial era is pretty heartless ... and I also think this Veggie thing is really making me loose the weight ... anyone read about estrogen in our foods? Any of you struggle with weight loss even though you're health nuts??? .... Would love to hear some of your experiences ....

I've been on here three weeks and have already lost six pounds. I love this thing because it helps me see what I've eaten for the day - and that my calories are useful ones - not junk!

I would love to meet other people who would be willing to swap recipes with me - I'm very involved with my SUPER meat-eating extended family and love hearing about other people's strategies for "keeping kosher!"

Peace!

Leah

Replies

• bellawomenswellness
    bellawomenswellness Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I too am a vegetarian. It would be great to pick each others brain!
  • runningfromzombies
    runningfromzombies Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you'd like. I was vegetarian for a year, and during that year I definitely lost a lot of weight. I also learned how to eat "real food" that was good for me--straight ground-to-mouth sort of philosophy, cutting out all the packaging and stuff in between. I'm not vegetarian anymore, but it taught me to eat soooo many different, awesome foods, and now I still only eat meat sparingly (and no red meat or pork at all). Best advice, though: make sure you're getting your protein. It's one thing that vegetarians miss out on the most, and it was hard as hell for me to get the correct amount while I was going meatless. :smile:
  • bettyboop573
    bettyboop573 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    adding you now :)