Exercise morning or night???

Options
Okay I have a question, is it better work out first thing in the morning even though I would have to get my butt up at 4am so that i could work out for an hour or should I wait till the evening. I have been back and forth on this one. I got up at 4am this morning and did 30 mins on the bike and then 20 mins on the treadmil with running for almost 6 mins of the 20. I feel pretty good right now. I am just not sure if it would be better for to get my butt up so it would benefit me more than working out in the evening and then going to be???? Please I will take all the information if you could help!!!!!

Replies

• MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Okay I have a question, is it better work out first thing in the morning even though I would have to get my butt up at 4am so that i could work out for an hour or should I wait till the evening. I have been back and forth on this one. I got up at 4am this morning and did 30 mins on the bike and then 20 mins on the treadmil with running for almost 6 mins of the 20. I feel pretty good right now. I am just not sure if it would be better for to get my butt up so it would benefit me more than working out in the evening and then going to be???? Please I will take all the information if you could help!!!!!

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    I've heard it's better to exercise in the mornings before you eat any thing. However, I can't do mornings, so I exercise in the evenings and have had fine results.
  • msblondy16
    Options
    the rumors are false! it doesn't matter what time of the day you work out, as long as you do it. just stick with a plan and it will work! :flowerforyou:
  • healthychic
    Options
    My boyfriend used to play pro-hockey and he told me that what worked best for him was to wake up in the morning(anytime works but he woke up at 6). Eat something such as a banana and then start your exercise. Your metabolism starts up in the morning, I don't know if that has anything to do with your results but it may. For me, I have to workout mid morning or afternoon, I can't seem to get up early to work out and evening I don't ever feel like doing it. Sometimes working out in the evening gets you to hyped up too. And its hard to fall asleep, at least it is for me anyways. haha:tongue: I think really whatever works for you is good, if you can wake up at 4 am and dedicate working out to your early morning routine, then more power to ya!!

:heart: Danielle
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I like to get my exercising out of the way nice and early in the morning, because after work, I sure as heck don't feel like doing much, other than doing laundry, getting supper ready, and then doing the dishes.
    I DO get up at 4:00, pretty much every day, and do 45 minutes of dancing to a fast oldies CD in my living room. It's almost fun, and I watch tv too, so I'm never bored.
    Then I wait another hour or so and take a 20 to 30 minute walk, and my exercise is done for the day!
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I don't know if time of day really matters as much as just exercising.

Sometimes I work out in in the mornings, sometimes at lunch other times at night. It just depends on what I have going during the day.

I have heard that our bodies adapt after a certain point whether to eating a certain way or exercising so we have to change it up now and then to see the results.

:happy:
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I don't think it matters - day or night. What matters most is when you have the most energy or what part of the day will you be least likely to be motivated? I work out in the mornings because if I sit around all day before working out I tend to give myself 101 excuses why I can't work out. So for me getting it done and over with works best!
  • MollySue30
    Options
    Thanks Everyone, I think I might keep trying to get my butt up in the morning and working out. :bigsmile:
  • andlofly
    andlofly Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I agree with MSBlondy... it doesn't matter the time... just as long as you do it!!

I exercise in the evening because I know that if I plan on getting up early to exercise, I'm setting myself up to fail. I know how difficult it is for me to get up just to make it to work. I found that once I accepted the fact that it was okay to work out in the evening, I was able to find a time that fit my schedule and... most importantly... stick to it!!!
  • MollySue30
    Options
    Right now it is hard with me working full-time and having two kids and the husband, and full-time school it is making it hard on me to get the family time that my girls need. I did pretty good this morning and I have had a ton of energy during my day. I think that if I get up tail up in the morning than I can spend more time in the evenings wtih my girls.
  • NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I like working out in the morning better. It gets my day started on a positive note, and I feel more energized throughout the day. Also, like so many others, if I wait till the evening to work out, I more than likely won't get it done! Sometimes I hit the gym twice (once before work and once after), but if I don't make it in the afternoon, I have at least gotten in my exercise for the day!
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Morning fo me too ! I have less motivation at the end of the day
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,399 Member
    Options
    Morning-and I hate mornings! If I wait until after work, there is no guarantee it will get done. And if I do try to work out, it seems there are interruptions. Plus, our family often has evening activities.

I eat half a banana, and then hit it! Also, this way I don't feel I am taking time away from my DH and daughters.