work out at home

Options
I'm a 34 yr old stay at home mom of 5 kids and I'm big into running. During the winter my husband and I have to run on our treadmill because of all the snow. But lately I'm getting tired of the same old scenery on the treadmill. Do any of you do any kind of aerobic DVD at home that you love and is high impact???

Replies

• dirka1
    dirka1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a 34 yr old stay at home mom of 5 kids and I'm big into running. During the winter my husband and I have to run on our treadmill because of all the snow. But lately I'm getting tired of the same old scenery on the treadmill. Do any of you do any kind of aerobic DVD at home that you love and is high impact???
  • jsweets4
    Options
    I have Turbo Jam, and it is really fun, and really high impact, and it works!!! It is hard on your joints though, so be warned!!
  • blessedmamma
    Options
    Tae Bo Baby!!! I've done Step Rebok and Denise Austin also. I have 4 children and am big into running. I usually do Tae Bo when the treadmill gets boring. I've also found that if I train the children to leave me alone while on the treadmill, or run when they're in bed, I can put something ont he tv, muted, and have music blasting in my ears. That makes the run so much fun. I'm pretty interesting on the treadmill. I dance as much as possible to whatever I'm running to. My children laugh because they know I've gotten into my groove when they hear me yell "Hallelujah!"
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    kathy Smith DVD's
  • NoMoreAt3
    Options
    Sounds like a case of cabin fever! Don't let the snow keep you inside! Speaking from experience (we got 2' + last night) the snow is a work out in itself. Combining snowshoing with up-hill hiking is a real good way to change up the scenery and your work out. Cross-country sking (across a very large, flat area) is a good one too. Got kids? Try "tubing", only skip the motorized ride to the top. Pulling your kids and a couple of giant inner tubes up a mountainside will rev up your metabolism, with an instant reward at the end of it all (the awesome ride down!:happy: )
    Best of luck to you, and have fun!
  • bricker06
    bricker06 Posts: 316
    Options
    i love the biggest loser cardio dvd and dance off the inches salsa dancing.
  • dirka1
    dirka1 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Cabin fever is probably a good definition because I am definitly ready for a little sun shine! But thanks for all the great ideas! The needle is stuck on my scale so I thought I would mix it up a little with something different but still get my heart rate up. I love ready all the posts, you guys are all really helpful!!
  • wollstonecraft
    Options
    two awesome workout videos: The Firm
    and Cathe Frederich The Terminator!!!!:sad: it'll make ya cry
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    The P90X dvd series is a pretty tough workout/aerobics that I think you will enjoy.
  • dulceluva
    dulceluva Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    Walk Away the Pounds.

You literally can walk in one spot but then she has you use dumbells or weight bals and you do side to side motions, leg presses, and a whole bunch of stuff.

I quite like it.... that or Hip Hop Abs
  • ReneeC11202
    Options
    I have Hip Hop Abs and that is a very good workout! Now if only I could motivate myself to do it more lol!!!!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Zumba is very fun and a great work out.
  • dinosgirl
    dinosgirl Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Some of my faves:

Tae Bo
    Hip Hop Abs
    The Kathy Kaehler Fitness System (need a step)
    Any Kathy Smith Workout