Sodium weight!!!!

Options
hey everyone just curious how much sodium weight a person can gain over one weekend!!! It's crazy right:)what's your highest gain mine was 6.5 this weekend OMG!!!!!

Replies

• ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    ahhh sodium is just AWFUL sometime!! I always try to monitor my sodium intake, otherwise I wake up with a SWOLLEN face, and fingers that feel sooo fat!!
    If I DO have too much sodium, I make sure to really increase my water intake for the next day or two...to flush it out. I also make sure to get in a GOOD sweat at the gym...it always seems to help with the water retention!! :)
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    my most is 5 lbs but with water and exercise it was gone in just a couple of days
  • PNWriter
    PNWriter Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hahaha I gained 5 pounds almost overnight!!!! I'm really increasing the water today and will sweat it out on the elliptical tonight. Scary to see that scale, though! YIKES!!! Thanks to one of my MFP friends for talking me down after I was freaking out myself this morning! She reminded me that one pound = 3,500 calories. So you would have had to have eaten an EXTRA 21,000 calories over the weekend. HAHAHAHA
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I had a 3 pound gain over the weekend---not sure if sodium was the culprit or the other bad snacks and drinks I had while at a 4-day scrapbook retreat. I did get 3 mile runs in 2 of the 4 days. I can only imagine what the scale would have been if I hadn't gotten some exercise in! Time to work at making the scale move the other direction again now that I'm back home.
  • crazymom4
    crazymom4 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well ladies I'm glad to say I'm not the only one!! Started my shakeology cleanse today lots of water should be gone I'n no time!!! I must say ut was well worth it tho! My Hubbys birthday bowling n dancing at the bar, wish I woulda wore my heart monitor cAuse we definetly burnt some calorie!!! We also walked every where. That night good thing or it might have been more the. 6!! Lol
  • heidirn2003
    heidirn2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It's crazy!! I can weigh in at the gym pre work out and post work out weigh 5 pounds less. It's nothing but sodium and water! Such crap for us as women! That can make almost a size in difference in my jeans!!
  • crazymom4
    Options
    It's so true! I always weigh less after I workout which is funny cause I have usually downed at least 3 glasses of water! N when do ever gear a guy say he's retaining water lmao!!!! How much is mens sodium intake a day I wonder???
  • heidirn2003
    heidirn2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right, men have it so easy! They don't have to worry about hormones at all, which are huge issues for us women!! LOL
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i've gained 7lbs in the last week but still staying in calories etc so i'm praying it's just sodium weight...have watched my sodium intake for the last couple of days and have it down to 1000mg for today
  • crazymom4
    Options
    You will get ut off!!! Great job with the sodium it's not easy to keep it under 1000, there's so much sodium out there even I'n our healthy foods! I'm doin a cleanse n Ny sodium for the day is under 500! Can't wait ti atep on the scale 2 more days!!!
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    omg 500...i've found it almost impossible to keep it under 1000...i'm a veggie so love quorn stuff, but the whole lot is packed with sodium!

may i ask what is involved in a cleanse?
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Yep, I've gained 5lbs overnight. Usually KFC will do it!

Takes a few days for it to come off again too :grumble:

Never weighed after exercise, must try that :bigsmile:

Good luck :flowerforyou:
  • crazymom4
    Options
    U buy shakeology from beachbody it's 3 shakes aday and for dinner u have a tossed salad with 4 oz of lean white meat and an oil based dressing:) it's amazing I lost 9 lbs the first time and tue nice part is you never feel hungry and it tastes oh so yummy!!!!
  • crazymom4
    Options
    Hey guys some peace of mind!! Did the cleanse lost all 6.6 lbs plus some down 8 lbs I'n three days Thank you beachbody!!!