50 Calorie Frozen Smoothie Pops (w/pics)

Options
sctracy
sctracy Posts: 41 Member
IMG_7749.jpg

These are nothing original, but they are so good! I made them for my one-year-old son, and they ended up being one of my husband's and my favorite snacks.

Blend: 1 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
1 cup skim milk
2 cups frozen fruit

Pour into 10 Dixie cups and add a popsicle stick. Freeze for a few hours.

I've tried mixed berry and peach and I'm going to make banana next. They take a while to eat and they're really delicious -- so, for me, they're a perfect snack :)

Cal 50; Carbs 5g; Fat 0; Protein 2; Fiber 1

Replies

• SarahJaneDeschamp
    SarahJaneDeschamp Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    yummy !!!! thanks for sharing, deffo the weather for these atm x
  • kingmasmith
    kingmasmith Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    sounds like a great snack!
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    those look really good! Thanks for the idea!
  • Ladyap28
    Ladyap28 Posts: 43
    Options
    nice idea..i will try that for myself and my daughter..thanks
  • lvnspoonful
    lvnspoonful Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    bump
  • finncmh
    finncmh Posts: 290
    Options
    bump for later. thanks for sharing!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    YUM! What a great snack for the kids (and for myself)!!!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks.
  • SCC88
    SCC88 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I've got three tubs of yoghurt nearly out of date! Freezing them into yummy smoothie pops is something I didnt think of!! Thanks :happy:
  • roxiedo
    roxiedo Posts: 154
    Options
    Thanks! Bump
  • sarahbear1981
    sarahbear1981 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    They look yummy! Thanks for sharing.
  • lLauraAnnl
    lLauraAnnl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    im going to make these for my niece and i! she loooooves "suckers" (she cant say popsicle yet :laugh: )
    thanks!
  • kaymd
    kaymd Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I have to try these now! Yum!
  • jazgal
    jazgal Posts: 122
    Options
    those look great ... never thought about using small dixie cups ... great idea ... what is the sugar content ... with me it seems like the sugar part ends up in my belly .. must be becase I am an apple shape ... thank you for the post
  • sctracy
    sctracy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    those look great ... never thought about using small dixie cups ... great idea ... what is the sugar content ... with me it seems like the sugar part ends up in my belly .. must be becase I am an apple shape ... thank you for the post

I just looked it up -- I don't track my sugar because it just stresses me out :) -- but they are 7g per serving.
  • jazgal
    Options
    thank you ... good post .. great idea ... I am trying to make changes that I can live with on a permanant basis .. .. do not want to go through the weigh thing any more .. tired of the ups and downs ... I want it to taste good .. and this looks like it fits the bill .. thanks again ..
  • jazgal
    Options
    I just made up a batch of Protien Strawberry pops ... used whey chocolate protein, non fat yofurt, and frozen strawberries ... added some water for the liquid .. each serving comes out to ... calories 32 , 2 sugars, 4 protein and 3 carbs ... thought they would be good after exercising ...

I was going to try yours but did not have milk in the house .... I will know later today how the frozen pops come out ... tasted good .. like my morning shake ... before I put them in the freezer
  • SavBrookeS
    SavBrookeS Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Those look so good!