Two NSV in one day!!

Options
jsteras
jsteras Posts: 344 Member
I had two accomplishments today that I thought I should share with everyone. The first thing was a 3.5 mile walk all at one time, I have walked 3.5 in a day just not at one time. I felt really good about an hour after the walk, LOL, right after I felt as if I might vomit. The second NSV I had today was that about three hours after my walk I took my blood pressure. I have been on blood pressure meds for about two years. The current medicine I was on was not controlling it enough my average pressure was 142/98 on the medicine. My doctor wanted to change the medicine to possibly two different types of pills. I asked her to give me a chance to get this under control with diet and exercise. My pressure today was 127/82 I haven't been on meds for two weeks. My mother died from congestive heart failure and I really don't want that to be my demise. I have given up the salt shaker completely, I am working really hard on keeping my sodium count under 2000 and will be lowering that number to 1500. I have bad days where I am over and good days where I am way under. Each step I take in eating healthy is a step to live longer. I grocery shopped yesterday and read every label, bought low sodium of the canned foods that I did buy, I am trying to eat less processed as much as I can. To anyone out there who thinks you can't give up the salt shaker trust me I was IN LOVE with salt, I ate it on everything. You can do it!!

Replies

• new_me_9_67
    new_me_9_67 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    WTG. WOOHOO!
    nice job of getting your BP under control on your own.

Congratulations
  • loriannmartin
    loriannmartin Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    congrats to you... wow i love salt.... not sure i could do that.... my dad has to though due to hypertension/kidney disease.
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    awesome job, especially with the BP!! it's so great to hear about actual health benefits :)
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    EXCELLENT JOB!!! It's not easy, but very worth the effort! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!