Gym or at home?

Options
I am currently just working out at home, with videos and Wii games. I'm considering joining Goodlife Fitness, so I have access to all their equipment and fitness classes. Just wondering if it's worth it... I have a feeling I'd get a better workout there, than at home

Replies

• staceyo1211
    staceyo1211 Posts: 163
    Options
    Ive done it all at home and ive lost about 30 pounds since Jan. It all up to you , what your comfortable with and what will give you the results your looking for.
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above post. Whatever makes you feel comfortable.
  • becalee26
    becalee26 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I burn 300 more calories when I go to the gym compared to when I workout at home. I do like going to the gym, I went today for the first time in awhile and forgot how much of a good workout I can get. Everyone is different!
  • kitty0767
    kitty0767 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am positive the group setting makes me push myself harder than I would at home alone with a dvd.
  • Angeladobush
    Angeladobush Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Which ever one helps you to keep working out. Sometimes you will push harder or work out a little longer if you are in a group setting.....other times it is nice to be at home without the added travel time between home and the gym.....Good luck to you!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I would suggest you adding some strength training to your regimen to preserve your muscles. With that said you can do that at home. Whether you get a gym membership is on you. If you do get one please don't lock yourself into a contract. Most gyms have month to month billing so it gives you an out if you decide you don't want to attend anymore.
  • leamgood
    leamgood Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I think it all comes down to your own goals, needs and motivation. I workout at home using wii active and sometimes a yoga dvd here or there. Since Feb. I have lost 20lbs. However, this works for me because, 1. I have no excuse to not do it because it's right there, 2. I am motivated because I try to earn all the trophies, and 3. I don't get bored because once I beat a game I buy a new one. If you are someone who is really busy and will have a hard time getting to the gym or someone who needs someone or something to drive them then I would say try the gym with a trainer for awhile till you get used to it. Personally I love my wii active trainer lol