Sore from running yesterday - should I skip my workout?

Options
I ran for the first time in years after 3 months of doing TurboFire. I knew I'd be sore today, so I planned on doing just a turbofire 30 minute workout. (I do try to do cardio 6 days per week) I have waited all day for the soreness to improve a little and it really hasn't gotten better. Its my legs - my thighs (outer, inner, quads, hammies) and my calves, too. But, I would like to do something - would it hurt to do a 30 minute turbofire even though my legs are sore?

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    How about a nice walk? That is a really good way to help recover from your run.
  • liveinbliss
    liveinbliss Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I usually do a brisk but not intense walk on days that I need some recovery. I ran 4 miles yesterday which is a new distance for me and am feeling a little sluggish today. Not too sore but feeling like my regular high intensity day is going to have to wait for tomorrow instead and a nice walk is in order for this evening. You'll still be burning some calories, won't feel like a slug and will still be letting your body recover.
  • s_waser
    s_waser Posts: 92
    Options
    I say run...when I run and get sore if I run again it helps to loosen me up. Then I am not as sore the next usually you are twice as sore on the third day if you don't work those muscles!!
  • glamazonjenn
    glamazonjenn Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree.....walk....don't skip. Unless the pain is too bad for even walking.....then maybe you do need to rest! Hang in there!!!
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Whatever you chose to do today stretch really good. At the minimum for 10 minutes to really loosen up your muscles.
  • AndreaWyland
    AndreaWyland Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You need to take a break on the high intensity stuff and let your muscles heal (grow:) but getting a low intensity workout in to help with the build up of lactic acid is really important. Im SO sore today from 2 days ago and yesterday should have taken it easy ( and listened to my own medicine) but I went snowboarding. NOW Im really really really sore so I did yoga today and am not as sore/stiff as before. Might try yoga if you dont already do it, its great for the days your sore and helps with flexibility not a big cal burner but beats not doing anything. Also, a long easy walk and that would burn more cal, or you could do both:) Thats what I like to do:)
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I agree.....walk....don't skip. Unless the pain is too bad for even walking.....then maybe you do need to rest! Hang in there!!!

I was going to post the same thing. =)
  • SolidGoaled
    SolidGoaled Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone - I think I am going to just skip working out today. They really are so sore.... tomorrow I'm on it!