Hey all! 30/F here looking to lose around 50lbs. Just sayi

Options
I'm really bad at talking about myself, so my introduction will be quick:

30/f here from British Columbia, Canada. I've been overweight my entire life and something finally just clicked in my brain... my ambition, goals, and determination to lose weight were completely focused. I started at 197lbs about 20 days ago, and I'm currently down to 188lbs. The past couple of weeks have been a bit of a struggle (gained .8lbs over the past week!), but I am determined to do this.

I love the thought of having support from such a great community, and seeing all of your before/after photos are probably the biggest inspiration of all. There are some incredibly strong people here, and I hope that surrounding myself with this kind of strength will be an inspiration as well.

Feel free to friend me, I can use all the advice/encouragement I can get! =)

Thanks everyone!

(Sidenote, I've been trying pretty hard to find a current "before" body photo, but I've been pretty stealthy at avoiding cameras it seems!)

Replies

• bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)

You have come to the right place, this site is great, full of lovely people.
    I have lost 43lb and have 27lb to go and I definately couldnt have done it without MFP. Good luck.
  • real_eyes
    real_eyes Posts: 19
    Options
    Hello and welcome :)

You have come to the right place, this site is great, full of lovely people.
    I have lost 43lb and have 27lb to go and I definately couldnt have done it without MFP. Good luck.

Wow, that is awesome! And thank you for the welcome... glad to see you are achieving your goals. =)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same place as you. I've always wanted to lose weight, but in the past couple weeks, something really clicked. I've been on this site for a long time, but had never read the forums or really utilized all the resources. It is really inspirational, and putting all my goals out there will make me more likely to stick to them (I hope)!

Amazing start to your weight loss (wonderful what people can do when they decide it's time) and good luck!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome and well done on your loss so far. :)
  • asims92609
    Options
    hello i'm 32 and this year i got onto the scale and i weighted 298lbs. i flipped out so i am determined to lose it over time. i have been working out for about 3 months and had lost about 10bls. but i hit a block for about 3 weeks i couldn't lose any weight so i talked to the lady who runs the gym. she told me i was starving myself and gave me this website sense then i have lost a total of 37lbs.
  • ollyollyolly
    ollyollyolly Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm new to this too. Feel free to add me - l need all the motivation/support l can get.
  • Nikki1609
    Nikki1609 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi all, i would like some motivation from people in the same place as me. I have approximatly 100lbs to lose or just under and i would like people in the same boat to help me along and share ideas with. Please add me i would be so appriciative !!