so....whats for dinner tonight?

Options
I am looking for ideas!

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian Reuben sandwiches...I have never tried the recipe before, so fingers are crossed!

Recipe link:
    http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/vegetarian_reubens_with_russian_dressing.html
  • cupajoe
    cupajoe Posts: 155
    Options
    Club sandwiches...My husband is working shift tonight and I never "cook" when he is at work;)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    BBQ chicken
    Mac N Cheese
    Baked beans
    salad

Dessert (of course) is a skinny cow chocolate truffle bar!!!!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to have some brown rice and black beans...maybe throw some veggies in there...depending on what I have in the freezer haha! I think I have some rotel...hmmm...
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash...mmmmmm
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    A turkey burger, steamed veggies, brown and wild rice.
    For dessert two strawberries cut up on a angel food cake dessert cup and fat free whip topping.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash...mmmmmm

Yummy I will have to get me one of those, love them:)
  • aliciaf1
    aliciaf1 Posts: 3
    Options
    An unseasonably warm day here in the Northeast, so we are taking to the grill.

Have some boneless/skinless chicken thighs which I am going to rub Weight Watchers Jamaican Jerk Paste over and throw on the grill. Serving with a side of broccoli with a few sprays of butter :)
    (might also do a side of whole grain couscous for my hubby as he needs more calories then I do)
  • KansasGal
    KansasGal Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    COWBOY BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
    this is so delish and low in calories! one slice is only 230 calories! its sooooo good! and I added it to the database so would be easy to add to your diary!

prep time: 10 minutes start to finish: 35 minutes makes: 8 servings

2 cups original bisquick mix
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup very hot water
    1 container refrigerated fully cooked original bbq sauce with shredded chicken ( i just cut up 2 chicken breasts and cooked them in a pan and added 1/2 cup of kc masterpiece bbq sauce)
    1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 4 slices from 2.2 oz package)
    1 1/2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (6 oz)

1. heat oven to 400 degrees F. in medium bowl stir bisquick mix, sour cream, and hot water with fork until soft dough forms. place on surface dusted with bisquick mix. shape into a ball; knead 5 times. roll dough into 14 inch circle; fold circle in half. place on ungreased large cookie sheet and unfold.

2. spread chicken mixture over dough to within 2 inches of edge. fold edge just to chicken mixture. top with half of the bacon. sprinkle with cheese and remaining bacon.

3. bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and cheese is melted.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Chicken cordon bleu.
    I'm teaching my 17 year old son to cook. He'll actually be cooking it.
  • lailenm
    lailenm Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    A small salad and a serving of one of those 10 minute skillet pasta meals - chicken and farfalle. :]
  • aliciaf1
    aliciaf1 Posts: 3
    Options
    Love BBQ chicken pizza!
    I wonder if subbing out biquick dough with a ball of whole wheat dough (99c at Trader Joes) would reduce calorie count?
    Also maybe turkey bacon, or baco bits...since it is mixed in will still get bacon-y taste?
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    crockpot salsa chicken over spaghetti squash. Just finished, it was yummy and I am STUFFED.
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Pork chops and brocolli. No muss, no fuss.
  • janemartin02
    janemartin02 Posts: 2,653 Member
    Options
    grilled chicken,roasted yellow squash,green beans and salad
  • Sarahr73
    Sarahr73 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    COWBOY BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
    this is so delish and low in calories! one slice is only 230 calories! its sooooo good! and I added it to the database so would be easy to add to your diary!

prep time: 10 minutes start to finish: 35 minutes makes: 8 servings

2 cups original bisquick mix
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/4 cup very hot water
    1 container refrigerated fully cooked original bbq sauce with shredded chicken ( i just cut up 2 chicken breasts and cooked them in a pan and added 1/2 cup of kc masterpiece bbq sauce)
    1/4 cup chopped cooked bacon (about 4 slices from 2.2 oz package)
    1 1/2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese (6 oz)

1. heat oven to 400 degrees F. in medium bowl stir bisquick mix, sour cream, and hot water with fork until soft dough forms. place on surface dusted with bisquick mix. shape into a ball; knead 5 times. roll dough into 14 inch circle; fold circle in half. place on ungreased large cookie sheet and unfold.

2. spread chicken mixture over dough to within 2 inches of edge. fold edge just to chicken mixture. top with half of the bacon. sprinkle with cheese and remaining bacon.

3. bake 20 to 25 minutes or until crust is light golden brown and cheese is melted.

This sounds so yummy. I am very tired today, but I do have all the ingredients....maybe I will try it for dinner tonight.
  • Candiceg13
    Candiceg13 Posts: 218
    Options
    Mexican Lasagna
    80/20 ground beef, low fat cheese, black beans, rotel, olives and corn tortillas....

And big green salad!
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    Terrible day to ask me this. lol Chicken nuggets and french fries. The kids needed a night of "fun" food for a change. I'm still going to stay within my calorie range though.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Morning Star Farms tomato basil pizza burger with avocado and a Greek yogurt. I'm at work tonight, so nothing too inspired.
  • Kebennett1
    Options
    Boneless Skinless Chicken breast in low Salt Organic Chicken Broth (Crock Pot) with Carrots, Onions, Potato's, Salt free Herbs and Spices. MMMMMM. My will of coarse eat most of the Potato's :) I will have a small piece!