Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Net Calories

What exactly are they? Should I have a certain amount at the end of the day? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :)

Replies

• arw3b3
    arw3b3 Posts: 52
    Net calories are intake calories minus burned calories. It is important to get at least 1200 net calories per day. Hope that helps:)
  • MikeM53082
    MikeM53082 Posts: 1,199 Member
    honestly.. i have my goal set for 2 pounds/week and I try to end the day with 1400 net calories (or pretty close to). you do need the calories to sustain a decent metabolism and give you energy when you workout.
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    You should not go below 1200 NET however if you are set higher then you should get as close to your NET as possible.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Net Calories = Total calories consumed - Exercise calories burned. For women, do not eat less than 1200 net calories.

Go to My Home>>Goals. Review this page often. It shows the net calorie calculation, your maintenance calories, your projected weekly weight loss, etc.