have a question about activity level

Options
So I have a question. I run 6 days a week; 6 miles on 2 days,5 miles 1 day,4 miles 2 or 3 days and 3 miles the remaining days. 8 do work at a desk most days. So would my activity level be sedately or active since I do run about 27 miles a week? I am trying to get an accurate level so I know how many call to eat.

Replies

• abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    I would put active.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I would keep it at sedentary as you are adding the exercise when you run.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,058 Member
    Options

I hope you're kidding.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options

I hope you're kidding.

Lol. Don't be mean :p

In my opinion, you're doing so much exercise that it does affect your metabolism positively. I would definitely put in lightly active and add exercise on top, and seriously consider bumping it up if you still feel too hungry. It is different for every person, so don't be afraid to tweak the MFP numbers.
  • mfergie889
    Options
    I agree about sedentary...the point of putting "active" is if you had a job where you were moving around alot, and did not log that as exercise. As long as you are logging each run I would think sedentary is the best choice. Im sure another runner could give you more insight then someone like me though!
  • kimbux
    kimbux Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I would also leave it at Sedentary. If you fail to run each day, your heart rate would not be increasing due to exercise. Running is above and beyond your normal day job. If you worked in a factory and walked/stood all day, you would be active. This is my opinion based on the way the questions are positioned.
  • mfergie889
    Options

I hope you're kidding.

Lol. Don't be mean :p

In my opinion, you're doing so much exercise that it does affect your metabolism positively. I would definitely put in lightly active and add exercise on top, and seriously consider bumping it up if you still feel too hungry. It is different for every person, so don't be afraid to tweak the MFP numbers.

Agreed!
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Lightly active. Even if you are sitting at a desk 8 hours a day. That amount of exercise will boost your metabolism even when you're sitting on your keester. Exercise should always be added on top of that.

One of the few things I dislike about MFP is the way it describes activity level. Very misleading.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to experiment to find out for sure. Use an outside calculator and/or gut feel to get a good guess at your daily calorie burn, and then set MFP accordingly. Just as a data point, I work out 6-7 days a week and sit on my *kitten* the rest of the time, and my calories are set to slightly above the "Very Active" level. If I set it to sedentary I'd starve.