ZUMBA

Options
I wore my HRM to Zumba tonight just to see if the 800 to 1000 calories burned in an hour hype is true. Disappointingly, no. I burned 534 calories in my hour, and I was really shaking it (when we were actually moving). There were a lot of problems with the sound system tonight, so I don't think 600 calories is unrealistic. If by chance I hit the 600 mark next time (barring sound issues), I will let you know. In the meantime, I have added Zumba as an exercise in the database for all of you Zumbalicious ladies, and of course any men who like to shake it, too. :happy:

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Yeah I normally burn about 630 in my Zumba class. I've seen people hit a 1000 but their heart rate have to get higher than mines. I usually top out at 157 at my highest during class and 134 at my lowest.
  • AngelaPowPowPOW
    Options
    I just started Zumba tonight! I loved it!
  • cmw2011
    cmw2011 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I use the Zumba DVD's at home, and never know exactly what I'm burning! I've been stalling on the weight loss since I've started, which is weird, because I was losing more by only eating better. I think I just can't find the balance to my calorie consumption / exercise burn. I weigh just as much as you, so this should help me! You're a lifesaver!
  • joanipowell
    joanipowell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I recently got a HRM to use. and I usually get between 600-700 cal burn. Once it was 918, that was a kick BUTT Class that night. Thanks I am a ZUmbaholic!!!!:wink: