Ice Water burns more calories at rest!

Options
I just read drinking ice water burns calories at rest as your body heats up the water ingested to your own temperature. Eight glasses a day could burn an extra 70 calories. Drink up!

Replies

• GeminiStayFresh
    Options
    awesomeeeeee
  • cammybellpoptart
    Options
    yay!
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hopefully, this will get me motivated to drink more water!

Cheers!
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    That's good news cause I can't stand water that isn't ice cold!
  • Nigel99
    Nigel99 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I read that early on in my weight loss program, and was happy to read that - I already loved my water ice cold. I usually rotate a couple of water bottles into the freezer for a couple of hours, and get them in a mildly frozen state. When I pull them out, I have chunks of ice, and the water stays chilled the entire time I drink the bottle.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I can't really drink water unless it has ice in it. Thank god my job has an ice machine :D
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    downside, ice water is a shock to the system, ESPECIALLY during a workout. just a little somethin' i learned in a college course entitled: "Exercise Science"....be careful!

:drinker: drink room temp. for BEST results!!!!
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    Thank you SO much for this! :-D And, not that I thought that you are a liar, but I looked it up (I need to KNOW that something like this is true before believing it :-/ ). If anyone wants the science behind it: http://nodiets.wordpress.com/2007/02/07/does-drinking-ice-water-burn-calories/

So if you get all your water in and it's ice cold (and you don't chase it with hot food or tea or coffee or anything which would help bring it to temperature because that's cheating!) you have afforded yourself and apple without having to log it (at least that's my plan). :-D
  • donicagalek
    donicagalek Posts: 526
    Options
    I washed out an empty milk jug, filled it 1/4 of the way with filtered water and stuck it in the chest freezer. I'll top it with more filtered water tomorrow and drink it through the day. If I can drink half of the container that's my 64 oz (1gal = 128oz). :-D
  • BlueMindi
    BlueMindi Posts: 17
    Options
    GOOD PLAN DONICAGALEK!: smile: