bad foods

Options
I have a question about fried foods...Is it okay to have whatever you want as long as you stay under your caloried goal? I love fried chicken and I know its probably not good for the body. Even if you are under your calorie goal, what effects does it have on the body? I havent had any in 3 weeks...Driving me crazy

Replies

• calabrdm
    calabrdm Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I say have it twice a month but count it into your calories. I do that with cake. It has worked for me.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Technically if you can stay under your calorie goal, (I focus on fats and carbs too) you should be okay. HOWEVER, you will be surprised how fast you can use up your daily calories with fried or greasy foods! Every now and then I HAVE to have Taco Bell and it ruins the whole day for me!
  • kterickson1988
    kterickson1988 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think it has a lot to do with moderation. Maybe if you only have it once a week or small amounts I think that you should be ok.
  • JenWorthen3
    JenWorthen3 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I try to plan for it. Another great alternative is to try the oven baked "fried" chicken instead. Check allrecipes for some great recipes for it! Just be forewarned that most of those recipes will kill your sodium levels for the day.
  • Hawgfreak70
    Options
    Lol...I gotta see the answer to this one. I've heard french fries have one gram of fat per fry. I bet chicken is the same. But I love pizza, and it's super high in calories.I have the same question about it.
  • 2011_4mygirls
    2011_4mygirls Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I could be totally wrong, but I say that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I think that if you are able to control yourself and eat it once in a great while, and in moderation that you would be ok. I just think that if we deprive ourselves of something, then we will end up binge eating, consuming a ton of extra calories. Then, we will still not be satisfied until we end up eating what we were trying to avoid to begin with. Just my thoughts.
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    well- there are likely to be transfats in fried foods and those fats aren't natural (in the way that sat and un sat fats are) and are said to be pretty dangerous to our hearts and circulatory systems...that being said, my advice is that life is short, eat it in moderation and enjoy every bite.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I could be totally wrong, but I say that this is a lifestyle change and not a diet. I think that if you are able to control yourself and eat it once in a great while, and in moderation that you would be ok. I just think that if we deprive ourselves of something, then we will end up binge eating, consuming a ton of extra calories. Then, we will still not be satisfied until we end up eating what we were trying to avoid to begin with. Just my thoughts.

^^ i second that motion.
  • philssis
    philssis Posts: 28
    Options
    Try this...

Boneless skinless chicken breast, rub them down with really cold plain greek yogurt (coated but not slathered), roll the yogurt covered chicken breast in bread crumbs and a little flour (I use crushed up croutons, they have spices already in them), salt and pepper a bit. Bake on 400 60 minutes and flip them twice. My brother LOVES fried chicken and I got him hooked on this delightful recipe! You get the crispy breading and the chicken is moist. So yummy. My boyfriend asked me how I fried chicken and it wasn't greasy!

I think I'm going to have to make that for dinner tomorrow.

Best of luck to you!
  • precious71701
    Options
    Thanks, I will try that...Sounds good...Worth a try!!!
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    build it into your meals. you can bet that everytime i go home, i will be eating my daddy's chicken, greens, candied yams, and sweet potato pie. will that kill my cals for a day? of course. but i get this MAYBE once a year so i'm not so worried about it! i build a cheat day into my week every week. try balancing the fried chicken with a salad or some veggies!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    like others have said, just plan it in your meals. its ok in moderation. its when you eat it all the time that it adds up.
  • precious71701
    Options
    Good suggestions, thank you...