What other good habits have you developed?

Options
sunsetwest
sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
Since joining MFP, I've not only lost weight and become more active. I've also been ...

~ going to bed at more reasonable times
~ flossing almost every night
~ using more reusable dishes during lunch (yay for brown-bagging!)
~ taking the stairs more often

What have you noticed in your daily lives that have improved since MFP?

Replies

• yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've gotten better at budgeting $, I pack my lunch almost every day, the kitchen is cleaner as a general rule, and I tend not to run late, all exciting developments!
  • sassylilmama
    sassylilmama Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    REALLY PLAYING with my kids!!
  • kajun_at_work
    kajun_at_work Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I no longer overeat. My idea of portion size was much different from what an actual portion is. It must be from being a cajun.

I was able to "recycle" a bunch shirts and pairs of shorts, jeans and slacks that I couldn't wear any more.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    definitely being more active and going to bed at a more reasonable time (because i know i have to get up in the morning to exercise haha).
  • SimplyDeLish
    Options
    I don't worry about close parking spaces - the further away the better!
  • KhrystyneHutton
    Options
    love that! I am the same way! Now I don't circle for ten mintues just to find one a few spaces vloser!
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    being more active,energetic and down right positive. Learned to love exercise
  • stacyosten
    Options
    I definitely feel like I have been empowered to have much better control of my weight destiny. One day I thought to myself this could go one way or the other, and I have to choose every day to go for 'the other'!

-Recycling clothes I have not fit into for 1.5 years & remembering fondly why I bought them.
    -Not uncomfortably & self-consciously pulling my shirt down over a muffin top.
    -Looking forward to washing and putting pants in the dryer *and hoping they do indeed shrink!
    -Improved overall mood and outlook.
    -More active.

I'm glad to hear you're flossing every day--next stop--the dentist-Ang. I'll hold your hand! :)

HW-200
    MFP SW 197
    CW 188
    GW 169
  • aleeroley
    aleeroley Posts: 14
    Options
    I didn't realize all the calories I could burn by just lightly cleaning the house...so my best habbit now is cleaning up the house or washing dishes every morning before work.
    Now I have a clean house every day (starts out that way, then gets messy again) and I feel good about being active :)
  • Dwandolyn
    Dwandolyn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yay! I feel the same way. I have more confidence in myself more. I have began to take the stairs when opportunity permits me to.I have began to watch what I eat. I love the fact of keeping up with my calories and it really helps to have MFP downloaded to my phone. I look at myself more and say "Hey you look good". I do that everyday and feel good doing it.