My NSV!

Options
Today, I went to the gym with every intention of doing my regular Monday routine..
Run a mile - Walk 5 minutes - Run a mile - Walk 5 minutes - Run a mile - Cooldown.
After the first mile I was feeling great so decided to push myself to 1.5 miles. That didn't exactly kill me so I figured I'd go the extra 1/2 mile for 2. That didn't exactly kill me either, and I wanted to run about 3 miles total anyway, so I pushed on for 1 more (I mean, why not at least try?). Well, I ended up running 3.1 miles (a whole 5k) non-stop..and I did it in just over 37 minutes! I was smiling as I completed the 5 minute cooldown..like goofy smiling lol. I've tried to do it before, but always found myself having to walk for a few minutes or so..or at least having to take multiple 30 second water breaks..but I did it this time and never felt happier :bigsmile:

Replies

• carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
  • teddyann
    teddyann Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!
    :smile:
  • eaglescoutmom
    Options
    Great! I can hardly run a minute at a time. I'm impressed.
  • Zsangel
    Zsangel Posts: 202
    Options
    Congratulations :drinker:
  • babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    awesome!! Well done!!
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am just now trying to run so I can make it about a minute lol!!!!!!
  • Robyn_T
    Robyn_T Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • mollie6986
    mollie6986 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Good for you, i know how great you must feel!! I had that happen to me a few weeks ago!! I finished a mile in 11 minutes, without stopping!! It felt AMAZING!! Considering 2 months ago i could run at a level 5 for more than 2 minutes!!! Keep up the good work!
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    I know the feeling...I just completed my first triathlon which consisted of a 5k jog, 12 mile bike and 200 meter swim (my time was 1:50 mins) which at my age (55) was a serious challenge. Before doing this I had never jogged more than a quarter mile without walking in between.

Now I jog and bike 3 times a week! Keep it up you'll get EXCELLENT RESULTS from it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!